Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Losing connection when doing relics.

Morder-X

Question

I'm asking for a friend of mine.

We ran a couple of alerts today, everything seemed under control but as soon as we started a lith relic, he lost connection to the host. We had the same problem yesterday, he would always disconnect when doing relics with me but can play just fine on his own. Also, when he invites me, I am the one who loses connection.

I went as far as changing the DNS of his router to his actual ISP to see if it would resolve anything and it did for a couple of runs but today, he loses connection again while doing mostly relics.

I tried doing relics in location he already unlocked just to make sure but it seems like it's a problem on his end, rather than the game, or both, or maybe mine but I am doubtful.

1 answer to this question

I would suspect it's a combine result of his network condition and maybe your being physically located far away (I took a guess here) .

In my case when I had issue playing with my friends in Europe while I'm in Australia, I would run a VPN based in say UK or Germany, which smooths my ping from 500 to below 150.

Edit: also when running with friends, my preference for matchmaking is Friends Only option. It prevents outsiders from barging in, and if your friend does get dced he can reconnect to the squad even after completion condition is met.

Edited by CatalystD