Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End Game Content: Combo Mods

Bones226

So I have been reading quite a few forum posts saying that Warframe needs more of a reason to co-op. I agree with that wholeheartedly. Players need a reason to stick together and while playing i thought of the tech system from Crono Trigger. Essentially you combine powers of multiple characters to create an end result greater than the whole. How could something like this work in Warframe?

So in tier 1 endgame missions say we have a chance to get a Special Mod that can replace a Warframes specific ability mod with a slightly altered version. Lets use Excalibur's Slash Dash as an example. Perhaps I get a drop that Replaces Slash Dash with "Charged Dash". Charged Dash would work as its predecessor unless another player in the squad has a Volt equipped with the "Charge Dash" counterpart. Lets call it "Charged Shock" for simplicity sake. If Volt casts a "Charged Shock" on Excalibur then "Charged Dash" will prime itself (Maybe the ability icon turns from blue to green as an indicator). When Excalibur casts a primed charged dash lets say it would do 1.5 x base damage and apply volts shock on all targets hit. the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

Since this requires players to work in tandem and have the combo mods together i think it would be best if these were crafted from the base ability mods + generic plans that could drop in endgame zones. we would have to craft new mods each time to in order to level the Combo ability mods.

What do you think?