Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Make Loki's Sentinel Invisible When He Is

Whalekins

I recently got Loki, and what I've noticed is that his invisibility skill is just a way to kill your sentinel. You turn invisible, but your sentinel doesn't, and thus the enemies focus down your sentinel and it gets destroyed very quickly. My sentinel is level 30 and relatively tanky, yet it dies after using invisibility only a couple times. Please give this the treatment shade got. Invisibility isn't invisibility unless your entire character (sentinel included) is invisible.

Or a Mod that does it, a Power Link.  So when a Mag refreshes your shields your Sentinel's shields are refreshed.  When a Rhino goes Invincible, his Sentinel does as well.

I suggested this a while back actually, though seeing as Ash already cloaks his Shade, I'd say they should just fix what is presumably a bug with Loki already.

There have been about 100 of us on here complaining and asking about this for months.  The good thing is that the devs indicated they were thinking about how to revamp the stealth system in the last livestream.  I am hoping a fix to this comes with it.

What complicates this issue is that many people have retorted to this request by saying things like "well then shouldn't Iron Skin extend to the sentinel too?"  To which I respond - if iron skin doesn't extend to the sentinel, the skill still serves its purpose.  If invisibility doesn't extend to the sentinel, the skill no longer works as intended and basically ruins the only reason to use this warframe AND simultaneously ruins the potential for stealth gameplay in many cases.  In any case, if this were really the issue, then why does Ash's invisibility extend to the sentinel and Loki's does not?  It is nonsensical.

The mod solution was one I suggested in a different thread.  I suggested making a rare mod called "Unity" that could be placed into a sentinel slot that cost 6-10 at base mod cost that would extend ALL warframe powers that effect the warframe itself to the sentinel - this would include invisibility but also iron skin, link, and other such powers.

This latter solution would also create an incentive to upgrade sentinels with potatoes or polarizations.

I guess I don't see the problem.  Its a trade off... loki is basically unkillable, there are a few times in the game where invis is something you have to carefully consider, defense near the pod, rescue, and when your sentinel is in danger... otherwise its just e-z mode.

I guess I don't see the problem.  Its a trade off... loki is basically unkillable, there are a few times in the game where invis is something you have to carefully consider, defense near the pod, rescue, and when your sentinel is in danger... otherwise its just e-z mode.

The problem you dont see here, but has been mentioned a few times is the comparison with Ash! When Ash uses his Smoke Screen he also cloaks his sentinel with him.

While one can argue that Loki has the advantage of his Invisibility lasting a bit longer, you have to take into account that Ashs Smoke Screen has a decent stun effect on enemies.

At this point the skills are fairly balanced against each other. In that scenario it makes no sense to privilege Ash by making his sentinel go invisible, while Loki gets left behind.

I think the best solution is the aforementioned sentinel mod, which extends the effects of the ability to your sentinel. This would work well for both invisibility skills, for Trinitys Link, Rhinos Iron Skin, and others to come...

My take on this is that this bug essentially removes invisibility from Loki's wheelhouse. Loki is my main and I mostly use invisibility as an 'oh S#&$' escape measure. The trouble is, if you trip over a situation you can't survive without turning invisible, our squishy little sentinels definitely can't survive it.