Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Mission Extraction Issue

JadesDitoyr

The timer is off, a few times its jumped to the next stage when there have been a few seconds left.  This issue I know will be resolved in time.

But I came across something that will cause more problems down the line.

The rest of my team was extracted, and because the timer jumped forward, I was stuck in the game.  Not a problem, I didn't need the shotgun mod anyways, if I drop out, I lose some Rubedo (which I need, but its just a resource).  Well, my Clan jumps back in to keep me from losing the resources.

This, I have a problem with.  Two of us got the Tier 1 Benefit, and then we took care of the next five waves, giving them the Tier 2 Benefit.  This is an exploit that needs to be fixed.

Yeah, they got the reward for surviving the first five waves, and the second five waves.  Like you pointed out, it isn't much of an issue, I'm not upset that I didn't get the shotgun crit chance when I don't own a rifle.

But, this is a major exploit.

Take this mod, and rejoin.  Full Ammo on Primary and Secondary weapons.  Finish these five waves.  Take the mod.  Rejoin.  Full Ammo on Primary and Secondary weapons.

This might just be my clan, but we feel that one of the more fun parts of the Defense Missions is the threat of running out of Ammo, and the risk of getting nothing should we chose to keep going.  Its the "Double or Nothing" gamble.  It adds tension.

The three of us who were playing couldn't believe that it was possible to do this, and we all agreed that we should inform DE.

If you urgently need the mod, you've got it!  Fantastic!  But jumping back into the game, without having to take the risk that the others did... I'm not thrilled with that idea.

I'm not going to use this trick, it detracts from the theme of the Defense Mission, in my opinion.  I feel confident in saying that it goes against the intention of the Developers.  I could be wrong, but I am confident in that thought.  If I am correct, then it is a cheat in the system (an "exploit").  If I am incorrect, and it is a feature... well, it came across as a cheat.