The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are People Tolerating The Fact That Prime Variants Are Direct Upgrades To Their Counterparts?

SnokyoDrift

This is just my thought 

1) why are their only 2 prime warframes in the first place all of them should have prime versions leading to my next thought

2) since 50% of prime warframes cant be bout why is their no set numbers of resets/polarizations to "prime" your warframe, base stats should be an improvement on the original or enough to make grinding for the materials and pieces worth will

3) why are their only 4 native skills for each warframe? a polarized to prime or prime warframe should have more native skills that makes them worthy of the title "Prime"

This is just my thought 

1) why are their only 2 prime warframes in the first place all of them should have prime versions leading to my next thought

3) why are their only 4 native skills for each warframe? a polarized to prime or prime warframe should have more native skills that makes them worthy of the title "Prime"

1) They just began to make them. Every frame will get one. You are participating on a game that is under constant development. It will never be 100% done. So please, dont expect to have a prime of every frame when they just began to create them -.-

3) See 1.

That s just my thoughts seeing as they are independent and are using the platinum purchases to fund new content as they are an independent  and aren't getting swindled by a large publishers (sometimes they are a necessary evil) 

You guys forget this game is meant to be a time-sink investment in the first place. They need you to have an incentive to keep playing this game, whether it be to level up your rank to use new weapons, or spend all your time to get better weapons. That won't change.

You guys forget this game is meant to be a time-sink investment in the first place. They need you to have an incentive to keep playing this game, whether it be to level up your rank to use new weapons, or spend all your time to get better weapons. That won't change.

You have a game being a generic time sink, which will just lose people in droves as time goes on, wave after wave of players going away as the repetitive time sink becomes a complete chore realizing you've done it for 300-500-1,000 hours. 

Then you've got a game that can be unique, contain timesinks in entertaining ways. Example : 

You can make a glaive? Awesome!

You can make a glaive prime! It's gold, and the same but better! It's .. you know, a timesink you find in every other online game!

Or..

You can make Chakra's - pretty much a glaive reskin that doesn't take much resources to do! That works alot LIKE a glaive, but has entirely different uses and playstyles! It's short range, fast paced and your throwing one after the other! Same timesink, more creative! Retain more people.

You don't have to recycle the same crap over, and over. Put a touch more effort behind a time-sink and suddenly it's more appealing.

Take Paris Prime, make a crossbow that stores two shots, charges up like a bow : but after the first charge you can reclick for your second shot. It plays completely different, does a bit less damage but travels vastly faster and obviously, you get two (4 with multi) so it can be balanced out. 

Creative differences, not just a reskin that becomes a timesink of not just RNG obtaining, releveling, reformaing, repatatoing for the same weapon with a gold plating and the smallest, laziest tweak in stats possible.

I really do wish the Prime weapons behaved like their warframe counterparts (providing an extra polarization and nothing else).  Vandal weapons already provide direct upgrades to existing weapons (and at least they are hard to acquire). 

Primes should be a status symbol more than anything else: they show that the player has spent a lot of time farming end-game (Void) missions and collecting resources.