Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Command Prompt gone for Dedicated Server hosting?

Cyborg-Rox

Question

I haven't tried hosting a dedicated server since The Index Preview Hotfix 1, at which point you would get a Command Prompt to keep track of the server.

Now, it showed up when I started the server, but I went away from the computer shortly after that and when I returned, the command prompt was gone, without the option to start a new dedicated server.

So... am I still running a server without knowing about it? Is this an intended change? Is there some way to get the command prompt back? Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

2 answers to this question

Use task manager to check your processes/services, possibly your networking as well. I haven't tinkered with the server hosting function yet, but if Warframe is running a dedicated server, it should show up somewhere under your user-initiated processes (read: not Admin/Guest/Host accounts) 

As for getting the console back, I have no idea. Perhaps check in the in-game files for an executable, other than that I don't know what to tell you.

42 minutes ago, MadHatHacker said:

Use task manager to check your processes/services, possibly your networking as well. I haven't tinkered with the server hosting function yet, but if Warframe is running a dedicated server, it should show up somewhere under your user-initiated processes (read: not Admin/Guest/Host accounts) 

As for getting the console back, I have no idea. Perhaps check in the in-game files for an executable, other than that I don't know what to tell you.

Must've been a hickup or something, worked fine after restarting the launcher.