Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Item Disassembling System

TinyLesbianRobot

Occasionally, you've got a weapon or warframe you want to get rid of, but you're already swimming in credits, so the meager reward for selling the item isn't of much interest.

I'm proposing a system by which you can break down an item for a reasonable quantity of resources.  It would work like this: you would select an item in your inventory, then click a button somewhere labelled 'disassemble' or something similar.  After that, a dialog would open where you could select one of a variety of common or uncommon material types - the idea being that you're breaking the item apart, stripping it of one resource, then discarding the rest.

For example, say you're disassembling a Warframe.  You open the disassembly dialog, and are then presented with the option to pick one of three rewards - say, 800 Alloy Plate, 5000 Ferrite, or 500 Circuits, or something along those lines (but probably more related to the resources you put into building the item in the first place).

Of course, you'd still have the option of selling the item for cash, but I like the idea of having a few more options.

Thoughts?

yeah, maybe a CHANCE to get potatoes and forma back. Like 5-10%. And perhaps gate that opportunity with a huge credit cost. like 300k-500k.

They seem to be leaning on consumables for revenue, so asking them to take that away wouldin't work.

Uh, no, if they're going to do it, then just do it. If not, don't, especially if you suggest it should cost a ridiculous amount of credits, it should just be 100% guaranteed to get it back.

But nope, I dont see how sacrificing whatever its attached to already isnt enough to get the potatoe back. Wish people would stop crying for nerfs to "ideas" really. It just doesnt make much sense to me, if you can add a potatoe to something there should be a way to take it off again is all, even if ya have to break what its attached to in order to get it.

The disassembly idea has been suggested before though, I dont think it'll happen anytime soon.

Uh, no, if they're going to do it, then just do it. If not, don't, especially if you suggest it should cost a ridiculous amount of credits, it should just be 100% guaranteed to get it back.

But nope, I dont see how sacrificing whatever its attached to already isnt enough to get the potatoe back. Wish people would stop crying for nerfs to "ideas" really. It just doesnt make much sense to me, if you can add a potatoe to something there should be a way to take it off again is all, even if ya have to break what its attached to in order to get it.

The disassembly idea has been suggested before though, I dont think it'll happen anytime soon.

That's not really necessary. This is a discussion. I'm not dictating how things should be, I'm making a suggestion.

That's not really necessary. This is a discussion. I'm not dictating how things should be, I'm making a suggestion.

Thats fair, but instead of giving specifics just the general idea is fine. Im sure if DE liked the idea they could figure out the specifics. Either way Im sure people would complain.

It's a personal tick of mine though when people suggest a ridiculous amount of credits to compensate basic ideas. I think credits need more use too, though the average starting player doesn't have half a million extra credits just laying around. So before suggesting something like that keep everyone in mind.

Personally I think the amount of credits for void missions should be lowered to something reasonable, but its not like it matters since theres nothing to spend them on.

Thats fair, but instead of giving specifics just the general idea is fine. Im sure if DE liked the idea they could figure out the specifics. Either way Im sure people would complain.

It's a personal tick of mine though when people suggest a ridiculous amount of credits to compensate basic ideas. I think credits need more use too, though the average starting player doesn't have half a million extra credits just laying around. So before suggesting something like that keep everyone in mind.

Personally I think the amount of credits for void missions should be lowered to something reasonable, but its not like it matters since theres nothing to spend them on.

Seeing as how I doubt any of this feedback gets funneled into their workflow.. I take the liberty of doing everything myself. The gate to recovering potatoes would give people SOME kind of credit sink.