Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Understand What You're Trying To Do With The Daily Bonus Platinum Discount...but Please....

TelFiRE

So I really like the game, and I've gotten way into it. So much so that I decided to drop a fair amount of money on some Platinum. I spent 50 bucks, and my buddies both got 20 founders kits. We were excited. We like the game.

The problem came when we logged in the next day and he was offered 50% off. Oh, great, so you're telling me that for the same $20 instead of 400 platinum I could have gotten 2000 platinum!

1. This is an absolute slap in the face to the people supporting your business. People spend money with you then find out they got screwed because they were new and didn't know about these random events.

2. 50% is a drastic number, it does not provide any motivation whatsoever to buy platinum on that day, it provides motivation for me NOT to buy platinum, except maybe on those days, because any other day is not just a bad deal. It's an absolute rip off.

3. It screws people who don't want to purchase platinum today (such as people who spent almost $100 on plat yesterday....) out of their daily bonus.

I understand what you are trying to do with these discounts. I'm totally ok with you guys making money, I'm not anti-freemium by any means. But offering 50% off is a drastic bonus that seems nice at first but when examined is purely negative for everyone involved. If you offered maybe a 10% discount, and made it something rarer, that would be a start. It's also pretty demeaning to spend money on plat one day and the next day, you don't get a bonus unless you give us more money!

Thanks so much for your efforts, don't get me wrong I'm not quitting over it or anything, and it's expected for the game not to be fully refined or perfect yet. But it's something you should definitely fix before too many people get bitter feelings.

1. Hi, I support your business and it wasn't a slap in my face

2. It motivated me to take advantage of the opportunity

3. Like 75% of your daily bonuses are wastes.  I'll trade you 7 gorgon bps for your 50% off man

I love discounts.

Honestly i wouldn't buy platinum without them.

PS.Not everybody have as much money as you friend.

And honestly for example i bought Mass effect 3 full price. Do you see me getting angry that somebody bought it 50% off few months later : No. Thats how industry works. So chill and enjoy your game :)

Sorry to hear that. I'd be upset too.

That said, I might submit a ticket and ask for leniency if I were in your position. They are pretty decent in how they treat they customers, from what I've seen. I probably wouldn't do it, then I'd probably brood a bit, but maybe it's worth a shot.

the only problem I have with the discounts is I cant use them on founders package. sorta makes sense but still quite annoying.

id be happy to use the 50% I just got to upgrade to hunter but I cant. so I might use it on a five dollar (2.50)

I think you're all missing the point. I'm not specifically upset about my situation. I still feel the $50 founders package was worth it and I don't want a refund. What I am saying is that this system is set up not to incentivize platinum purchases, it actually discourages them and will lead to these scenarios more often than not. In other words, it is pretty obvious bad business that will result in a lower overall profit.

I love discounts.

Honestly i wouldn't buy platinum without them.

PS.Not everybody have as much money as you friend.

And honestly for example i bought Mass effect 3 full price. Do you see me getting angry that somebody bought it 50% off few months later : No. Thats how industry works. So chill and enjoy your game :)

Exactly, so you are proving my point. You wouldn't buy platinum without a discount. If you did, you'd be getting screwed. Regardless of how much money you spend on platinum. (Also.. not everyone has $50?! Well everyone on this forum sure does...)

As for your discounted Mass Effect, that is an entirely different scenario and shows that you just don't get it. I'm not offended or insulted by different prices being offered at different times. That is entirely beside the basis of what I am saying. If you think I'm wrong, try addressing the specific points I outlined. Again I'm totally ok with some level of platinum discount being offered as a reward from time to time. However because of the various reasons I have mentioned, the current system is a bad idea, because it doesn't really benefit anyone involved.

Edited by TelFiRE

I've been waiting for weeks for a 50% off coupon, finally got one. Just gotta look around first and find out stuff before throwing down your money, patience usually pays off.

"Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success."

Edited by unmog

You obviously got pissed off and just came to the forums to rage. I wouldn't buy platinum without discounts, and yes everyone has $50 but what he means is that not everyone can AFFORD to blow $50 on a game they can play for free anyway. I think it's a great system because it allows people who stick with the game for a while (50% discounts are quite a rare daily reward. I've logged 200 hours and I've only received one) more versatility in how they pay for the game. You support the game, good for you! But don't *@##$ cuz you got a daily reward you don't like, cuz 50% of my rewards are xp for a weapon that's already lvl 30 and no one on this forum wants to hear it :)

I got a daily reward, it was a %50 off coupon on platinum that lasted 48 hours, then I bought 170 platinum for $5.00, the next day, the deal was over, maybe they should fix that problem and not lie to their customers.

2. 50% is a drastic number, it does not provide any motivation whatsoever to buy platinum on that day, it provides motivation for me NOT to buy platinum, except maybe on those days, because any other day is not just a bad deal. It's an absolute rip off.

The statement in italics says the exact opposite of what the statement in bold says. Which one is your actual statement?

A 50% discount will motivate many people who wouldn't have bought platinum otherwise to purchase, as they get more than twice as much platinum for the same money.

Just so you know: People who have bought once become more likely to purchase again.

I got a daily reward, it was a %50 off coupon on platinum that lasted 48 hours, then I bought 170 platinum for $5.00, the next day, the deal was over, maybe they should fix that problem and not lie to their customers.

That coupon is just for a single purchase afaik, so it ended after you bought your platinum.

You obviously got &!$$ed off and just came to the forums to rage. I wouldn't buy platinum without discounts, and yes everyone has $50 but what he means is that not everyone can AFFORD to blow $50 on a game they can play for free anyway. I think it's a great system because it allows people who stick with the game for a while (50% discounts are quite a rare daily reward. I've logged 200 hours and I've only received one) more versatility in how they pay for the game. You support the game, good for you! But don't $#*(@ cuz you got a daily reward you don't like, cuz 50% of my rewards are xp for a weapon that's already lvl 30 and no one on this forum wants to hear it :)

The only thing obvious is that you have stereotyped me with a group and refused to actually read what I have to say. I am absolutely not upset about the amount of money I have spent on this game. The fact that you think that shows you haven't even read my posts.

The bonuses are not rare. Me and two friends have been playing for a week now. We have seen the 50% off bonus 8 times. Again, anyone who is approaching this from a "you're just here to QQ" perspective is jumping to conclusions and clearly not comprehending what I have to say. I reiterate, I'm glad I spent the money.

I am making a recommendation based on a fairly deep level of internet marketing knowledge and I can tell you that Warframe will almost certainly make more money if they approach this reward differently. If you're going to reply condescendingly, please at least address that specific point.

The statement in italics says the exact opposite of what the statement in bold says. Which one is your actual statement?

A 50% discount will motivate many people who wouldn't have bought platinum otherwise to purchase, as they get more than twice as much platinum for the same money.

Just so you know: People who have bought once become more likely to purchase again.

I understand what you're trying to say, but no, those two statements do not conflict. It is a completely different thing in business to have someone who plans on buying vs someone who bought. The latter is worth many times more. Encouraging potential customers to withhold their purchase until such a time as they may or may not have the spare cash, and may or may not still desire to purchase, isn't very desirable. Of course there is some gain from impulse buyers, however I would argue that the gain would be very close to the same amount if the coupon were 10% off instead. If the base price were then cheaper, you might get more impulse buys without the bonus. You'd also find most people willing to purchase now instead of holding out for the discount, but those who valued it enough still could. I'm not saying these are golden numbers or anything, they would have to balance it based on information we don't have access to. However I am certain that the current setup is far more likely to have a negative impact than a positive one in terms of both revenue and customer satisfaction.

I'm not saying it to insult or demean the creators of Warframe, it is just my observation of a game that is in beta. There's no reason for everyone to be so defensive.

Edited by TelFiRE

What he is trying to say (or at least this is what im reading) is that DE is going to frustrate anyone who pays full price for a plat pack early only to see that they paid twice as much as it is actually worth. 

DE could aviod this headache all together by offering a one time 50% off first plat purchase for any account. This way everyone wins, and DE will probably make more money because people will want to start with a better deal of Plat.

What he is trying to say (or at least this is what im reading) is that DE is going to frustrate anyone who pays full price for a plat pack early only to see that they paid twice as much as it is actually worth. 

DE could aviod this headache all together by offering a one time 50% off first plat purchase for any account. This way everyone wins, and DE will probably make more money because people will want to start with a better deal of Plat.

Ease in people who don't have too much money to spend on games, AND almost guarantee that a purchaser buys an expensive pack. Seems good to me. :)

OP is completely right. This type of random discount system doesn't encourage people to spend money as much as it discourages people from spending money when they want to. 50% is a huge discount, to the point of making it stupid to buy plat without it. Just because someone has money to spend, even if they have a lot, it doesn't mean they don't want to get the most for their money. They should follow SOE's model and have the sales are certain times in the year rather than being a random item you can get at any random time. This way people who are willing to wait for a discount can do so, and if the next big sale seems too far away then those who don't want to wait can buy at full price.

I have bought platinum 3 times, after getting two 50% coupons, and one 30% coupon. If you guys are upset that you spent full price and then got half price coupon the next day...then oh well. Tough luck. That's how life works, and you should have waited for a coupon. Platinum is way overpriced anyways, and no one should ever pay full price for it. 

Coupons exist in any business, and I have a rule that I never buy anything (except food and other some other items.) unless it's on sale, or has a coupon.

Personally, I like that there are the coupons, but it doesn't stop me from buying the occasional little bit of platinum when I need it. I probably wouldn't buy more than $20 worth or so without the coupon though. The founders packs, on the other hand, are a much better deal and they're prorated so you can start at the cheapest and work your way up, and you still get way more platinum that way in most cases.

I research games a lot before I spend money on them. Thus this wasn't a problem for me. I can see where someone who had just joined, or didn't log in everyday consistantly (and thus had never seen a sale) could get a little unhappy about this, but I don't see many fixes for it. All I can figure is either remove the sales entirely (which is a terrible idea) or put in large flashing neon letters when you complete the tutorial saying that you can get a sale if you log in enough. I got a 50% off sale the other day and decided to get the $50 founder pack. When I found out that it would still be full price, I decided to go through with it anyways. I was a little sad that the sale didn't apply, but it didn't anger me enough (or really at all) that I didn't want to pay.