Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Updating

ObscureName

Question

Hello, over the last 2-3 months everyt ime I tried to update Warframe it always kept giving up an error message saying, "update failure" until today I decided to reinstall the game and everything was working fine until I got hit with another update and it's around 11gb and I didn't know if this was just a glitch or something or an actual update that needs to be applied. 

8 answers to this question

1 minute ago, ObscureName said:

Hello, over the last 2-3 months everyt ime I tried to update Warframe it always kept giving up an error message saying, "update failure" until today I decided to reinstall the game and everything was working fine until I got hit with another update and it's around 11gb and I didn't know if this was just a glitch or something or an actual update that needs to be applied. 

There was no update today, as far as I am aware. I highly suggest talking to DE support, as well as Steam support, if you use steam

20 minutes ago, ObscureName said:

This is what it keeps doing

That's not an update, it just wants to re-download the whole game from the start. 

My advice, completely purge everything related to this game and try a completely clean install. Also, you can try a different medium. If you are not through Steam, try downloading from there. And vice-versa.

14 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

That's not an update, it just wants to re-download the whole game from the start. 

My advice, completely purge everything related to this game and try a completely clean install. Also, you can try a different medium. If you are not through Steam, try downloading from there. And vice-versa.

I've been using Steam but i'll uninstall and try from here.

18 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

It's still doing the same thing, i'm close to giving up...

Just now, ObscureName said:

It's still doing the same thing, i'm close to giving up...

Well, there is not much choice but to let it run it's course, right? After all the game is quite large as of late, so 11 GB to download seems about right. All these steps was to make sure it actually downloads properly and for good.

22 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Well, there is not much choice but to let it run it's course, right? After all the game is quite large as of late, so 11 GB to download seems about right. All these steps was to make sure it actually downloads properly and for good.

I've sent in a ticket but it still says update failed and i've used different connections to try and update.