Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Rewards... Shenanigans?

unmog

I was wondering... what was everyones daily login reward yesterday? Was it perhaps a 50% off plat coupon?

See I've been waiting for one for awhile now, and all of a sudden I got one yesterday. Then a friend of mine said they got one too... and another friend... and another... and my little brother too.

Is that RNG screwing with me and it's completely random? Or was it perhaps fudged a little by unseen hands and everyone maybe got some sort of coupon for plat? If so I'm not really complaining, I wanted it after all. But if the login rewards ARENT completely random all the time... well it bothers me that DE might fudge with our login rewards behind the scenes for their own ends.

Edited by unmog

As I said in another thread, the chance for it seemed super high, but not 100%. I know a couple folks who didn't get the coupon (weapon or frame EXP).

Visually, as the "roulette" was spinning, I saw more than 50% of the things popping up were the 50% off coupon, so I'm sure it was a very high chance. Yeah, they're heavy handedly promoting their sale. I just wonder why they didn't make it a real thing, instead of using those coupons. Some folks didn't get a coupon, and so they're left out (even if most aren't using it).

The roulette visualization is 100% cosmetic, your prize is decided when you login. My game once crashed in the middle of the roulette and next time I launched it just skipped it and I was... I don't remember what I got but it was lame.

Personally I just close my eyes and wait for the roulette stop sound.

As far as I'm concerned, login rewards are nothing more than a gimmick to encourage you to spend money. If they weren't, then the game wouldn't suggest a login rewards of "XP" for items that you have maxed out.

Ultimately the goal of the reward system, is to make you think that buying platinum is a bargain. (It isn't, unless you thought the horse armor for Oblivion was also a bargain)

As far as I'm concerned, login rewards are nothing more than a gimmick to encourage you to spend money. If they weren't, then the game wouldn't suggest a login rewards of "XP" for items that you have maxed out.

This does not make any sense, the plat discount coupon is new. The entire reason for the daily log in reward is to get your to log in every day, to make it a part of your routine. Like some people go to Starbucks every day. It is not to get you to spend money, but may be a little more insidious (but can't really blame them for that, every company does it).