The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Fissure Idea

TheScytale

I was playing a survival fissure mission yesterday and thought about how there's no (objective) reason to go beyond 5 minutes, and how any reactant dropping after you got 10 of them is completely useless. So I got this idea for a tweak.

Void traces acquisition would be changed to not be an arbitrary amount per relic but instead traces would drop from corrupted enemies the same way reactant does right now. Along with that change, reactant would be removed and the requirement for opening a relic would be X traces (20? or even varying depending on the relic's era). Now instead of having useless reactant drops cluttering the map after opening the relic, we'll be able to pick up void traces from extra kills. It would still be required to bring a relic to "see" the trace drops though, to avoid people walking in with no relic.

Pros:

• It would replace the widely hated reactant with an alternative that wouldn't break the flow and stuff.
  • It's a valid reason (i.e a reason related to prime part acquisition) to go beyond the first rotation in fissure endless missions.
  • It would help dissipate the "FAST FAST FAST!!11!1!!!" mentality in non-endless missions, since more kills=more reactant=speedrunning not really necessary.
  • It would give us a better control on the amount of traces we get. 
  • It won't conflict with the upcoming defense (and probably interception?) fissure addition. Newly selected relics would just need X more traces.

Cons:

• New dialogue lines for Lotus will be necessary (probably for Ordis as well, can't remember if he mentions reactant in his dialogue about relics).
  • Could probably create a farming meta for fissures, but making it not being affected by those frames would solve it.

I can't think of other negative effects this would have, but then again this is my idea so I may be a bit subjective/blind to its downsides.

well...they are making the needed changes to at least defense and interception...based on what they showed in...stream 82....basically every 5 waves/4 rounds you have 20 seconds to choose a new relic then get the 10 reactant.....I'm not sure if they are doing something similar tor survival....having to choose a new relic every 5 minutes that breaks the flow of survival would be...tough to get used to initially.

and traces earned per relic opened would increase over the duration of the mission.

Edited by xcynderx

3 minutes ago, xcynderx said:

well...they are making the needed changes to at least defense and interception...based on what they showed in...stream 82....basically every 5 waves/4 rounds you have 20 seconds to choose a new relic....I'm arent sure if they are doing something similar tor survival....having to choose a new relic every 5 minutes that breaks the flow of survival would be...tough to get used to initially.

I know about the changes to defense, however my idea still applies to every fissure mission, be it endless or not, and it would especially give survival and excavation an extra without breaking the flow of the moment.