Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TWW: Stuck on Golden Maw Transference (Spoilers)

Aktriaz

Question

I'm stuck on the part where you take control of the golden maw. I have no idea where to go; I literally cannot move through the hole at the end of the room (the hole with the icicles). Both as a Operator (crouched too!) and the Golden maw; sunken and normal. I tried attacking it with everything I can and nothing changes. What do I do? Am I doing something wrong?

27 minutes ago, GarnetSan said:

Alright, this right here happened to me, what the text doesn't say is that you have to AIM

That isn't the problem. The problem is that crucial functions won't work without altering your controller setup, and then they will only work very sporadically - not to mention that in later stages of the quest this becomes even more of a problem, to the point where I Alt+F4:ed and am awaiting a fix. You can get past the Maw by swapping to a mouse and keyboard, but later on key functions in the design of a certain encounter simply don't work. I've tried remapping those functions to a number of different triggers but the problem persists.
In theory you can keep the Void function on a crouch toggle (it must be a toggle) but in this particular encounter that is still the very last place you want it for reasons involving spoilers. 

Controller functionality and mapping urgently need to be looked at and fixed.  

9 hours ago, Wiergate said:

That isn't the problem. The problem is that crucial functions won't work without altering your controller setup, and then they will only work very sporadically - not to mention that in later stages of the quest this becomes even more of a problem, to the point where I Alt+F4:ed and am awaiting a fix. You can get past the Maw by swapping to a mouse and keyboard, but later on key functions in the design of a certain encounter simply don't work. I've tried remapping those functions to a number of different triggers but the problem persists.
In theory you can keep the Void function on a crouch toggle (it must be a toggle) but in this particular encounter that is still the very last place you want it for reasons involving spoilers. 

Controller functionality and mapping urgently need to be looked at and fixed.  

I'm completely stuck on this part because I'm not exactly sure which key needs to be pressed. 5 is doing nothing, keybind for Abilities on Selection is doing nothing, etc.

I have to rebind for this, i would like it if the ability to couch without using toggle was a thing on the controller i also rebound for taking control of the golden maw with the left Dpad cause 5 is the power E button and it doesnt exist on controller. but my biggest concern is now i have to toggle to crouch its strange is there anyway to fix it to keep from having to toggle crouch cause it reduces my usual jump dash through levels

That's the thing, several key controls do nothing in your 'other' form and the few available options make the game nearly unplayable. (Trying to avoid spoilers as far as possible.)

Once the quest is finished, by the way, there's a new resource to farm, necessary for certain weapons and upgrades. The mechanic we need to use in order to farm that resource? Right.  

14 hours ago, Wiergate said:

That's the thing, several key controls do nothing in your 'other' form and the few available options make the game nearly unplayable. (Trying to avoid spoilers as far as possible.)

Once the quest is finished, by the way, there's a new resource to farm, necessary for certain weapons and upgrades. The mechanic we need to use in order to farm that resource? Right.  

Great...I'm stuck at the 'Use Transference on Maw' so both my controller binds and KB+M don't work (hitting 5 and trying the various ways mentioned here didn't work) and having to use these later...

Oh, the game also auto-loads me back in at the start of the section, so I can't even claim the daily login. :/

9 hours ago, Celphied said:

Great...I'm stuck at the 'Use Transference on Maw' so both my controller binds and KB+M don't work (hitting 5 and trying the various ways mentioned here didn't work) and having to use these later...

It's doable as far as finishing the quest goes, although your hopes of actually enjoying it are dashed. Using it later to farm these new resources is simply not happening, you'll be stuck with a toggle crouch which kills parkour and thus kills you. 

Obviously squad-mates who use mouse/kb can do the necessary steps for you but that's hardly an acceptable situation. Hopefully they'll fix this soon, but if you're desperate somebody posted a macro on these forums soon after TWW went live.