Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Endgame

Kar-Chee

You have lost about 1500 concurrent users despite launching huge marketing campaign for your game. http://store.steampowered.com/stats/  (More than 10%)

I dont think you can keep this game succesfull and growing without introducing some kind of an endgame content. 

What is an endgame content?

- It must be challenging. If everyone can do that with random party with 22 lvl MK-1 bratons, you are doing it wrong.

- It must be rewarding. If you dont know what will drop, or if it is heavy RNG, i t is discouraging.

- The reward must be usefull for ongoing endgame progress. This is the problem with clan weapons and orokoin void farming. Why would i farm it, when i dont need it at all? I can kill everything with Braton without any problem.

What is not an endgame content?

- New weapons and frames. No matter how many you will make, or how cool they will look. People with some amount of hours played will just realize they dont need them at all. In fact, they will realize that it only brings them closer to slots limitations.

Suggestion:

Your time is steadily running out. I dont play anymore, but i still keep the game installed. But im not excited anymore as i see you havent introduced any endgame for so long. And im venting this frustration with my friends and on forums. And i think most of your players will reach this situation after some playtime. And the more people that reach this state the harder it gets for you to get new players to your game. Thats why i think that your current strategy to get more people in than the amount that gets out will be harder and harder as time progresses.

Edited by Kar-Chee

One thing that I can suggest for Endgame besides Dungeons of some sort will be PvP, for example Multiplayer games have a longer lifespan that single player type or RPG games. BF3, COD, Dota,LOL....etc. Before playing Warframe I was Dota 2 addict its the same map with pretty much the same items that never change and Heroes are still the same amount but playing against other players with good game mechanics means players will stay for a really long time. So if I can use Guild Wars 2 as an example a PVP Arena where all Warframes are standard with mods at default lvls with customization options for competitive play and PVP arena that's like King of My castle where Clans verse each other that spawned at neutral starting point that Defend their Stronghold against the opposition until both Strongholds are held by the same clan with random powerups spawning at fixed locations, and no Dota is not the only game with powerups at fixed locations , Drakensang online has as well :)

I kind of assumed that sort of stuff was in the works but wouldn't be released until beta ended. I mean they've got to be reserving some stuff for "launch" right? And there's got to be cinematics and storyline if it's going to be a PS4 game.

I hope so, atm the moment Im trying to get friends to join but they just see the same dungeon lookalike with repetition , ask me if there's any Lore or PVP or endgame, which I cant reply so less userbase for WarFrame , most of my friends played MMO's and they expect some of those concepts and mechanics in the game otherwise they are going to bite.

One thing that I can suggest for Endgame besides Dungeons of some sort will be PvP, for example Multiplayer games have a longer lifespan that single player type or RPG games. BF3, COD, Dota,LOL....etc. Before playing Warframe I was Dota 2 addict its the same map with pretty much the same items that never change and Heroes are still the same amount but playing against other players with good game mechanics means players will stay for a really long time. So if I can use Guild Wars 2 as an example a PVP Arena where all Warframes are standard with mods at default lvls with customization options for competitive play and PVP arena that's like King of My castle where Clans verse each other that spawned at neutral starting point that Defend their Stronghold against the opposition until both Strongholds are held by the same clan with random powerups spawning at fixed locations, and no Dota is not the only game with powerups at fixed locations , Drakensang online has as well :)

I dont think they can introduce PvP fast enough. They would have to rebalance all the classes and thats not easy. What could they do is Squads competition. For example time race of doing some mission. Which squads get it faster gets the reward. You could have leaderboards, tournaments etc. Edited by Kar-Chee

I kind of assumed that sort of stuff was in the works but wouldn't be released until beta ended. I mean they've got to be reserving some stuff for "launch" right? And there's got to be cinematics and storyline if it's going to be a PS4 game.

If you have advertisement all over internet, your game is way past launch. No matter how you call it.

If you have advertisement all over internet, your game is way past launch. No matter how you call it.

Not true.  Just because you advertise, and already make money from micro transactions, have robust forums, and a core community, doesn't mean you've launched anything.

People are herd animals, and impatient.  They flocked to the "next cool game" because it had a flashy trailer and playable levels... and because it was free.

If you look at the game, its clearly still at the nuts and bolts stage.  There are very few models, almost no voice acting, no plot/story to speak of, and several of the game concepts are barely fleshed out (stealth lol).  Just because you've played out the content that exists doesn't mean the game doesn't have a future.  In fact, if they never released another update, the game is playable and will continue to be playable, meaning anyone can just wander in and play.  In truth, the game only dies when the owners decide its not cost effective to support it, so the notion that 10,000 players are leaving isn't very troubling if thats 10,000 non-paying players flocking to the next great F2P game.

Not true.  Just because you advertise, and already make money from micro transactions, have robust forums, and a core community, doesn't mean you've launched anything.

People are herd animals, and impatient.  They flocked to the "next cool game" because it had a flashy trailer and playable levels... and because it was free.

If you look at the game, its clearly still at the nuts and bolts stage.  There are very few models, almost no voice acting, no plot/story to speak of, and several of the game concepts are barely fleshed out (stealth lol).  Just because you've played out the content that exists doesn't mean the game doesn't have a future.  In fact, if they never released another update, the game is playable and will continue to be playable, meaning anyone can just wander in and play.  In truth, the game only dies when the owners decide its not cost effective to support it, so the notion that 10,000 players are leaving isn't very troubling if thats 10,000 non-paying players flocking to the next great F2P game.

To say that the leaving players are non paying is very presumtions... In fact i would say that generally more players = more paying players.

No matter whether the game is considered to be launched or not, they are bleeding players despite launching ad campaign. Thats a fact. I merely presented my opinion on why thats happening and my suggestion that they should do something about it fast becouse i think that it will only gain momentum as more and more players become frustrated.

I understand about re-balancing Frames for PvP as it takes time. I just stating a fact that my friends are playing it , I love the game even tho its still in Beta and sometimes I get the weirdest bugs that I cant finish a mission or I'm stuck in somesort of abyss or the lights in the game go on and off , but Im still here and I want to promote it but get ppl like my friends that expect certain qualities in an MMO and play otherwise. And I in awe how the DE responds to the players in the Forums as it truly exciting for gaming and this game has such great potential. I already bought a Founder pack and will upgrading shortly to support them but I think atm they need to focus on the core of the game and sorting the bugs and interface and forget about getting other Frames in. And I know they in a tight spot since have to get it up and running for the PS4 so their resources are divided.

That's not the correct definition of a launch. It's too bad about this mass misconception of what an open beta is actually FOR. But in general, it might have been a bad idea to up the advertising, since people are mostly fools who will just see it as a failed game instead of realizing they are getting the sneak peak of an early-stage game that has the potential to be incredible.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at the steam graph, and what was obvious was that players no. vary like waves, very much like a sinus or cosinus graph. So, with the notable one exception that corrected itself, we a peaks and ebbs of players, and today was the ebb. The graph is already on the rise, so your conclusion seems to be faulty.

Disregarding that, we would all like to see more story line or endgame content (although how can you determine endgame without story line is hard to see). But DE hasn't said the last word yet. Last livestream we were promised story line for Mercury in U9.

Yes, I also have friends who came, played and stopped. Some might return and some may not - their loss. I'm doing what I can to bring them back, but patience is required.

Problem with Open beta, its coming soon is.... often people try the game, see it has no endgame, quit and never come back even when more content is added.

Could see this in Age of Conan...  and.. soo many other games :P

saying come back come back, they added stuff.... kinda pointless

I know about 6 people who I have played other games/mmo's with, they have all already Quit warframe because there is no content. one or 2 played the game solid for 2 months

I jog through t3 voids shooting each mob once with an acrid and think why am I bothering, this un-challenging grind just for the chance to see Melee channel drop?

Normal missions are just stupid, Dethcube kills almost everything even on pluto I can walk the level and just watch things die around me.

only reason I am still here Is I have a 7 day affinity booster, and.... feels like a waste to let it go

I would spend some time putting some Forma on my warframes, or... leveling shield mod past 300% but... its pointless, I never really take any damage, I can put mods on that arn't max level and have no issues on any of the content.

in many ways, Potatoes destroyed the difficulty of the game, + kunai/acrid

I guess with only 30 mod slots, things would die a little slower.

honestly think at this point the only real way to add challenge to the game is if all the mobs had there level increased 500%

Edited by Tatersail

You have lost about 1500 concurrent users despite launching huge marketing campaign for your game. http://store.steampowered.com/stats/  (More than 10%)

I dont think you can keep this game succesfull and growing without introducing some kind of an endgame content. 

What is an endgame content?

- It must be challenging. If everyone can do that with random party with 22 lvl MK-1 bratons, you are doing it wrong.

- It must be rewarding. If you dont know what will drop, or if it is heavy RNG, i t is discouraging.

- The reward must be usefull for ongoing endgame progress. This is the problem with clan weapons and orokoin void farming. Why would i farm it, when i dont need it at all? I can kill everything with Braton without any problem.

What is not an endgame content?

- New weapons and frames. No matter how many you will make, or how cool they will look. People with some amount of hours played will just realize they dont need them at all. In fact, they will realize that it only brings them closer to slots limitations.

Suggestion:

Your time is steadily running out. I dont play anymore, but i still keep the game installed. But im not excited anymore as i see you havent introduced any endgame for so long. And im venting this frustration with my friends and on forums. And i think most of your players will reach this situation after some playtime. And the more people that reach this state the harder it gets for you to get new players to your game. Thats why i think that your current strategy to get more people in than the amount that gets out will be harder and harder as time progresses.

MAte they did the optional reset. Just when people were getting to the point they could do pluto alerts and high level defense thousands reset their accounts. Those same people whine all day they cant find barrel siffusion blady blah etc.

Thing is...DE are in a position where it doesn't matter if we walk away. They know WE will come back when the game improves and tbh it serves them well for us to walk away for a bit as were pushing there game to fast for them to develop stuff for.

You imagine a TV advert for PS4 showing a new fully buffed up and giggling Warframe. Would you not be excited and want to play again? I cant wait for the TV advert so I can say I PLAY THAT !!! hehe

All they need to do is give us Pluto alerts as standard and then open the Void tier 3. I still wouldn't do these as they are to easy online. As solo though I enjoy Pluto alerts a lot and the Void tier 3 is a challenge always. I have done it on many different frames and the gameplay changes a lot. Even the enemies work really well. They suround you, they corner you and even rush you down. Thing is its 75 platinum per run and im skint at the moment so Warframe is almost dead for me aswell:(

Someone kick Steve in the bollox please and just add something the few of us can play at high level. You never know. People might then realise they need Handspring and Retribution and go buy some platinum or packs... COME ON STEVE WAKE THE FOOK UP !