Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kogake, Whats Their Purpose? (Read First Before Reply)

S3ven0F13

Just met today a lvl 100 Grineer Heavy Gunner on a T3 void. Iron Skin + punched him in the face with Kogake, my teammates had enough time to kill without scoring any damage. They're not for killing power, just disabling heavy units and bosses.

+1

This is it basically. If they were meant for CC they should be hitting multiple enemies. I know this doesn't make any sense, since they're gloves and gauntlets, but to me they're outshined by dual ethers, which have higher damage, larger range, 100% stagger and can hit multiple enemies

Really?

I feel that I can't stagger anything but ancients.

---

I love the Kogake. Yes, it is not wise to use them as your main vs the infested, or a large mob. However, thanks to the ground pound, and an agile frame the kogake can be use vs a group of enemies.

Why cant kogake be used just for its amazing CC?

It can be. Considering the charge/slide attack and the jump attack provide two different kinds of knockdowns (the former doesn't allow you to do the ground execute, the latter does), you can use one right after the other to keep enemies down for a very long time, especially with cold damage mods.

Also its jump attack does very nice damage, especially with PP and full elemental mods. A charge attack/slide attack followed by a jump attack will kill most anything, and if you're facing a heavy, you can follow up with a ground execute and another jump attack. Charge attack/jump attack/groundpound/jump attack takes out almost anything.

Whatever the Kogake do, can we stop calling it "style?" After hitting one particular mob with a slide attack, it crumpled backwards onto itself, rolled around on the ground, and then launched into low orbit. It was funny as hell to watch, but that's not style. That's an atrociously buggy mess of a magnitude approaching that of Skate 3.

Whatever the Kogake do, can we stop calling it "style?" After hitting one particular mob with a slide attack, it crumpled backwards onto itself, rolled around on the ground, and then launched into low orbit. It was funny as hell to watch, but that's not style. That's an atrociously buggy mess of a magnitude approaching that of Skate 3.

Yes. A bug. That happened to you how many times? I've never seen it. Every time I use the slide attack it sets me up to finish them off with my guns while they are in mid air, or if I time it right I can hit them with the charge attack before they hit the ground. DMC style.

Yes. A bug. That happened to you how many times? I've never seen it. Every time I use the slide attack it sets me up to finish them off with my guns while they are in mid air, or if I time it right I can hit them with the charge attack before they hit the ground. DMC style.

My Kogake are rank 10 right now, so it hasn't been that long since it happened.

"If you can time it right..."

There is no timing with the Kogake.  Whenever I use either the charge attack or slide attack, the launch velocity, direction, and sometimes even the effect of gravity are seemingly random, and occasionally even appear to change mid-flight.  In one particular Xini run I was a part of, I shoryukened one Ancient Disruptor through the ceiling, and not 10 minutes later I punched another one and he just fell over at my feet.

My Kogake are rank 10 right now, so it hasn't been that long since it happened.

"If you can time it right..."

There is no timing with the Kogake.  Whenever I use either the charge attack or slide attack, the launch velocity, direction, and sometimes even the effect of gravity are seemingly random, and occasionally even appear to change mid-flight.  In one particular Xini run I was a part of, I shoryukened one Ancient Disruptor through the ceiling, and not 10 minutes later I punched another one and he just fell over at my feet.

Yeah. You gotta time it. Timing isn't all about pressing another button a set amount of time after you pressed another one. Watch the body fly, and time it according to speed at which it is falling.

Yeah. You gotta time it. Timing isn't all about pressing another button a set amount of time after you pressed another one. Watch the body fly, and time it according to speed at which it is falling.

Assuming it's actually falling someplace you can see it, as opposed to falling behind you, sliding off along the ground in a random direction, or just not coming down.

Assuming it's actually falling someplace you can see it, as opposed to falling behind you, sliding off along the ground in a random direction, or just not coming down.

And that's the style. If you are able to pull it off, and people see it they will be so jealous.

Oh jeez who friggin cares about style. its just a fun friggin weapon....

Like every single weapon that's come out it has bugs. It will get fixed. just be patient.

But for now its fun factor and entertainment value is undeniable.

Edited by S3ven0F13

Oh jeez who friggin cares about style. its just a fun friggin weapon....

Like every single weapon that's come out it has bugs. It will get fixed. just be patient.

But for now its fun factor and entertainment value is undeniable.

I thought it's style was what made it fun.

Actually for ragdolling enemies (which seems to be a big point here) I'd rather use the Kestrel (took me ages to make but totally worth it).

In terms of actual DPS the Kogake does SEEM to be lacking, but from what I've read around this forum and on the wikia there are many ways to deal insane damage with this weapon.

Take the below for instance.

Disregarding the obvious method of emptying your entire clip into the ragdoll enemy, this is one way to kill an enemy.

From the wikia comments i read that another way is to use charge attack, and headshot the enemy with a jump attack immediately after (I asume you need mad skillz and max fury to pull this off).

One obvious method is the standard jump attack + ground finisher, made even more viable by the slight aoe on the ground finisher.

Also, the wall attack of Kogake apparently does 1000 damage.

The ragdolling capability of this weapon couples with a decent melee damage opens up way more combo possibilities than with most weapons, including the only other ragdolling weapon (Kestrel).

Please note that although I have a Kogake complete in my foundry, I have yet to claim it and will do so the moment i max my kestrel. Everything I have typed here is based on heresay.

Kogake is indeed a special weapon. It's looks cool and interesting enough that you can knockdown mobs and ragdoll bosses with this. Like the OP said, this weapon isn't meant for dps, but more for CC purposes. It does have some flaws though, like when enemies get ragdoll by the sliding upcut or jump knockdown, you cant use your finishing move on them. I do hope DE fix this in their future patch.

I absolutely love the Kogake. People are just angry because they expect new weapons to be "strong".

Any weapon that allows me to disable and solo bosses, Ancients and swarms of infested with one attack is pretty damn good to me. I'm fairly sure most of the people complaining either don't know how to use them or aren't interested in CC.

Ive been running around with the Kogake for a couple days and i must say it wasent hard for me to figure this out.

Tho they have low dps ive noticed they have the uncanny ability to stunlock, stumble, and downright knock enemies 10 feet. 

For all those who are saying it sucks cause the dps; We have so many good dps melee weapons in this game you can use. SO MANY. like the list is huge.

So here is the questions I have:

Why cant kogake be used just for its amazing CC?

Have you given it's constant ability to put all enemies except like 1 boss on its &#! a chance?

If these are meant strictly for CC by DE what would you change about them other than the DPS?

And other than the glitches (Every weapon released had these initially) whats really wrong with them in your opinion?

Im just curious, I personally find a swift kick to knock a heavy down fallowed by a few bullets usually ends them before they get up. but maybe you guys feel it should be capable of more than that. there are no bad ideas. just feel free to get your concerns out here if you want. or answer the questions.

Please be respectful.

~S3v

I'm with you sometimes a weapon just needs to be for CC not for killing (Orthos with elementals instantly becomes CC and Staggering Force)

I discovered how absolutely wonderful the kogake are earlier today.  I was facing off against vay hek, who I've typically had a large problem with in killing quickly because of his instantly recharging shields and his shotgun spazzing, and got the idea to test out the kogake on his face.  He was at the time under the main battle area, so I ran up to him and punched him right in the face.  He got knocked back and landed under a rock, where he got stuck and couldn't get up.  So me and my team proceeded to unload on him and within 30 seconds he went from nearly full health to dead.

It was pretty awesome, and it basically solidified the kogake as one of my main weapons.