The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion To End The Dastardly Potato Famine

Solaurus

What if, after every 12-20 hours of playing, you have a 50/50 chance of getting either a catalyst or reactor? Since it seems like Steve is hoarding all the potatos (probably for his golden bathtub that he frequents......all nekkid and such) this can be a good alternative and gets people to play more just for those spuds.

No, some people play this game all day, so what'll end up happening is some people getting a potato a day. That'd really hit DE in the market, so I doubt that they'd do that. I'm not saying that there isn't a potato famine, there is, but this isn't the way to solve it.

No, some people play this game all day, so what'll end up happening is some people getting a potato a day. That'd really hit DE in the market, so I doubt that they'd do that. I'm not saying that there isn't a potato famine, there is, but this isn't the way to solve it.

Implying that the people who play warframe for long periods will even buy S#&$ anyway. Steve already confirmed they have trouble retaining repeat customers.

Implying having potatoes in the market, and severely limiting their availability through other means is a sound market strategy in the first place.

DE needs to hire an economist, like the other F2P games with a cash shop that are actually successful. Valve has already told DE they need a trading system in place.

Hopefully the new batch of helmets being worked on will mark the beginning of the cash shop transition to being predominantly cosmetic. I wouldn't be surprised if DE held off fixing potatoes until their new batch of helmets are released.

...DE needs to hire an economist, like the other F2P games with a cash shop that are actually successful...

i hated all the markets in the other F2P games..... if warframe starts to become one of "Free to play" (pay to have fun) i would hate it. 

As for the reactor and such. As of this moment they arent really NEEDED to have fun, due to the fact you can reach high levels without it if you want. (not to mention you can buy 2 from the free 50 plat they give you in the beginning). i have played over 40 hours and only needed 1 reactor/catalyst for my loki.

I would suggest for them to think of an alternative way of obtaining reactors/catalyst after the game contains more weapons and maps. Then we can argue that the reactors/catalyst are needed to advance in the game and that we need alternative means to obtain them. 

Edited by Ventias

It already is. I was suggesting more TF2/LoL, with hats or skins. I don't think you quite understood my post.

i was just referring to that line about warframe taking examples from other f2p games markets. It was just an opinion.