The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

I'm calling Shenanigans! : Infestation.

SpiderWaifu

Not really, just wondering why you're doing this. Okay, so you just contradicted yourself then. If it's being mitigated by grineer as lightning and doubled by corpus for lightning AND it's being shot through the electric shield than it's most likely lightning damage.

That is why I said there was 1)an armor ignoring shot and 2)a lightning shot. That was why the grineer/corpus showed two numbers, but the ancient only showed one(if you do no damage, you get no number).

It did decrease the amount of time to kill an ancient if you are shooting it in the body. It's body is heavily armored. Even without the added lightning damage, you are still hitting it far harder than you should. This is the behavior Spider noted initially and Shout encouraged me to examine.

Edited by KGeddon

That is why I said there was 1)an armor ignoring shot and 2)a lightning shot. That was why the grineer/corpus showed two numbers, but the ancient only showed one(if you do no damage, you get no number).

It did decrease the amount of time to kill an ancient if you are shooting it in the body. It's body is heavily armored. Even without the added lightning damage, you are still hitting it far harder than you should. This is the behavior Spider noted initially and Shout encouraged me to examine.

This is going to sound very rediculous, but just bear with me.

While I was farming Hydra (Pluto) for mods, because hey, Infested are easy, I got a very strange idea against an ancient.

I dropped two electric shields, and shot through both them and it SEEMED that it killed them faster. Of course, I havn't looked at the numbers at all, and just the rate of the HP going away. I tried it one more time just to make sure, and it was about the same as the first double-shield one.

I'll be trying it out a few more times.

Or maybe I'm just tired because it's late at night and I'm seeing things.

While I was farming Hydra (Pluto) for mods, because hey, Infested are easy, I got a very strange idea against an ancient.

I dropped two electric shields, and shot through both them and it SEEMED that it killed them faster. Of course, I havn't looked at the numbers at all, and just the rate of the HP going away. I tried it one more time just to make sure, and it was about the same as the first double-shield one.

now imagine if four volts dropped a few shields n start shooting bosses...*shudders*

Alright, second round of testing and it seems that it does stack.

Alert the news, the new Meta has been announced. Volts spamming Electric Shield.

Alert the news, the new Meta has been announced. Volts spamming Electric Shield.

meta volt. nothing new. meta volt not using overload but actually using a defensive/offensive skill now. HELLYES!!! loloololol

I'm not seeing any benefit. Putting a shot through two shields looks the same(ignores armor, no 2nd number against ancients). It also does the appropriate amount of damage looking at the healthbar. Is there something else causing the change in TTK?

And Kokurai, you're not trying to shoot a bolto through it, are you?

edit::I should probably check for a 2nd lightning attack too.

edit::Or meh, I don't really care. It'd only be effective against a boss anyways, and I don't really get a chance to farm.

Edited by KGeddon