Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kunai? Despair?

AfroGamerNinja

Question

17 answers to this question

stalker pack is kinda overpriced.

getting the kunai first and using it until you get the despair isnt a bad idea. even without potato its a pretty nice wep. and the mats arent THAT hard to get. and you will probably get some decent use out of it before the despair drop which are kinda better.

altho i would say they are both comparable.

Kunai and Despair are amazing secondaries. I kill enemies faster with these throwing knives than the primaries such as Hek, Gorgon, and Boltor. I'm still trying to find primary weapon that will outperform Kunai/Despair and Acrid. Maybe it's Ogris?

From what I've seen, all of the Stalker weapons are superior to their normal counterparts (Dread > Paris, Despair > Kunai, and Hate > Reaper Prime). Anyway, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get the Kunai first just to test them out. I have them, and they're fantastic, and I'm currently farming the mats for the Despair, so I'll post an update later once I get the Despair and compare them to the Kunai.

UPDATE: I made the Despair, and I think they're definitely superior to the Kunai. Sure, they don't have straight-up armor IGNORE, but they have 50% armor pierce, and since it does 55 damage instead of the Kunai's 45, they hit 82s on Grineer on Mercury while Unranked. Now, should you buy the "What Stalker?" pack? NO!!! It's not worth it. Just farm the Stalker. Off of personal experience, I get him to show up by farming Vor with low-ranked gear, then doing a high-level mission solo. Does it always work? No. Can it work? Yes.

I have Despair and Kunai. First make Kunai and get Despair when you get the bp drop.

USe Kunai on infested and despair on grineer.

Yeah, that's one way of doing it, but I don't want two of my weapon slots to be taken up by such similar weapons. But that's just me.

I would sell the one not being used, personally. At the end of the day the difference between the two is a matter of situational utility. Just choose the weapon that has an effect you find to be most useful/fun and potato it.

neither of them overpower the other on everything.