Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blocking Benefits?

Transmorphic_Wyvern

Question

The game allows you to block with your melee weapon with the fourth mouse button...but most mice don't have one! I recently key bound it to the C key (I never use the in game voice chat) and the action of blocking slowly drains stamina when in use. My question is, how effective is each weapon at it (how much do they alleviate oncoming hits) and what is actually blockable?

7 answers to this question

The game allows you to block with your melee weapon with the fourth mouse button...but most mice don't have one! I recently key bound it to the C key (I never use the in game voice chat) and the action of blocking slowly drains stamina when in use. My question is, how effective is each weapon at it (how much do they alleviate oncoming hits) and what is actually blockable?

Only useful is it is say a sword as it kinda ricochet about some of the shots, it is very weak.

My question is, how effective is each weapon at it (how much do they alleviate oncoming hits) and what is actually blockable?

It seems to be the same with each weapon and is quite strong, I'd say more than 50% damage gets blocked. However the only real reason you would expose yourself for long is to kill something and you can't block while attacking so it's really not that useful. I think that all damage is blockable, not sure if it stops any cc though.