Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Objectives And Mission Ideas/feedback

Crazed_the_Lost

I looked through the topics and felt I would be heard better if I created my own. I just have some basic feedback.

-Objective markers: Number the objective markers in missions with multiple objectives. A simple 1-4 next to the marker on the mini-map.

This would allow for the players to find the objectives easier and on certain missions for the squad to split up and cover more ground adding more strategy.

-Clan Missions: Missions based out of the Clan Dojos would give them more purpose than just a crafting/meeting area.

Only members of the clan would be able to participate and the room the missions launched from would have to be built. The missions could also be set up as friendly competitions (similar to 1 Vs. 1 currently in dojos.)

For example:

A mission might be a timed race to extraction, but the player who gets the most kills gets a bonus.

A melee only mission where they have to battle all the different melee enemies followed by a melee boss.

A mission where they have to out run the level exploding around them after the objective is completed.

A mission that is heavily booby-trapped (mines, lasers, electric barriers that need to be disabled).

Dojo missions could also act as "daily" missions giving people only a certain number per day/week. (special rewards for completing a set of them?)

They could also be used as a plot device to tell the story of the stalker and as you complete missions more and more of his story unfolds. Each mission bringing you closer to your target. An end game could be on his personal corrupted dojo where you fight through his drones and traps (traps: ideas in Mission Types) Finally reaching him (he would be taunting you the whole time) then maybe you have to escape his exploding dojo. 

Some ideas on what the room would be in the dojo: Hanger, Library, Challenge Hall.

-Large bosses: More dynamic bosses would be great to see. Maybe multistage bosses where you break off armor, or where they change tactics after dealt enough damage, or change where they attack from.

An example would be a mechanical boss that maybe walks around normally attacking, them summons drones to attack, then, then climbs up a tower or wall and attacks from there, falling off when defeated doing an area of effect upon impact possibly damaging near by players.

This would also allow for more strategy based game play. I'm not saying change all of them to this style that would be unreasonable and boring. These missions could be special ones from the Dojo area I have already mentioned.

-Mission Types: Many of the Ideas I have already stated in my other ideas could be used to expand upon the current missions types offered.

Race mission:similar to when the reactor goes critical only instead of losing automatically the number and difficulty of enemies could increase)

Booby-trapped mission: Like the void areas, only they have been rigged by the other factions. Examples of traps would be mines, laser, emergency air venting and sealing the doors (like when you shatter windows), power draining areas (These would either drain energy, or restrict your power usage), Health draining areas (radiation caused?).

Escape Mission: You were captured and you escape as the level is destroyed around you. (perhaps by an unseen rescue team. or by Lotus hacking their systems.

-Large boss Battle Missions: Missions where all you do is battle a huge multi-stage boss. These could also be used to flesh out the story, and/or be offered in the Dojo as a reward for completing all the missions in a given planet.

This is mostly a repeat of the Large Boss idea above.

+On a separate note unrelated to mission ideas/feedback. It would be cool if you gave platinum to people whose ideas you like/use. I'm fine with you not, but it would be just one more thing on the list that makes this community awesome.

P.S. Keep on being awesome!