Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please, be careful (seriously).

Stefe

So, I found this little number in my inbox yesterday:

ig9qty.png

Needless to say, I was confused, surprised and worried (probably in that order). I didn't authorize this, so I immediately did a little Google-fu and found the support page for Playstation support and got in touch with a Customer Service Rep quick. Unfortunately, it seemed like they were swamped at the time and I wasn't able to receive a password reset e-mail that night. Luckily, I was able to resolve the issue just now and I'm posting about it.

Fortunately for me, when my account was hijacked, I didn't leave any payment information or have any substantial amount of credit left over. I was one of the lucky ones.

I'm making this post right now to warn everyone to not keep their payment information on their account. Whether it be on PSN, XBL, Steam, whatever. This mishap is just one of many reminders that if you put your sensitive information out there, it can - and probably will - be peered at with prying eyes. I know I that probably sound like a drama queen - and at 7 in the morning, no less - but I really don't want another horror story to happen to you guys.

Please, be careful.

Edited by NovusNova
Removed "PSA" tag