Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR 11 Cant equip Rifle Riven Mod

nonperverted

Question

So after I finished the war within and got the riven mod I was of course hyped and wanted to unveil it immediately.

Sadly every single time I tried to equip it, it would de-equip after leaving the upgrade menu. Even in a maxed weapon with no mods on.

Sooo... I did the sorite hoping I would get another one.. and I did! WOOO!

Put the mod on my weapon with no other mod. left the upgrade menu. came back. mod gone.

apparenlty its a MR issue.. but really? Im MR 12 and on 2 attempts the MR is still above me? How are people who are MR 10 which im pretty sure is required to get the sortie quest every use a riven mod? Someone please help me.

4 answers to this question

You might be unlucky (or lucky?) enough to have gotten mods that are closer to MR14, though hard to believe. It is possible to trade your mod to a higher MR player, have them unveil it, then trade it back. Otherwise you'll just have to wait until this bug is fixed. Also, I don't think you need to be MR10 to get the Sortie rewards.

Edited by FINNSTAR7

Riven mods have a mastery level lock. If you do not meet that requirement, then you cannot equip it. 

19 minutes ago, WarHawkLogger said:

MR 10 which im pretty sure is required to get the sortie quest

No. Sorties are locked at MR 5, and that's only because you have to be that level to have done the requisite quests and junction tasks needed to unlock and complete The War Within. 

But yeah, if the Mastery requirement of the mod is higher than your Mastery Rank, then you cannot use it. Anybody can GET a Riven mod from sorties, but you can't USE that mod unless you meet the mod's specific MR requirement. 

4 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

But yeah, if the Mastery requirement of the mod is higher than your Mastery Rank, then you cannot use it. Anybody can GET a Riven mod from sorties, but you can't USE that mod unless you meet the mod's specific MR requirement. 

but two times!? seriously? Why dosnt it set the master rank.. AFTER I unveil it. At least then I could sell it knowing what it was worth... Or maybe let me unveil it and then if the MR is too high then unequip it once im back into my ship.. 

Edited by WarHawkLogger

13 hours ago, WarHawkLogger said:

but two times!? seriously? Why dosnt it set the master rank.. AFTER I unveil it. At least then I could sell it knowing what it was worth... Or maybe let me unveil it and then if the MR is too high then unequip it once im back into my ship.. 

I dunno. It was DE's decision to do it that way.