Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghost/execution Also Gun Price/value

Barrettx50xcalx

Okay as the title is very simple let me explain.

If you're invisible and the enemy can't see you, you should be capable of assassinations.  I spent forever getting my sentinel with high leveled ghost only to find it's just about useless.  If I can't assassinate people, why be invisible?  There's no reward for sneaking past the enemy.

Now on another note I bought the Braton for 25k, which for how good it is, that's a fair price.  I'd say right on the dot for it's value.  Now I try to get a pistol with about the same amount of damage, and it's going to cost me far, far, FAR more.  I go to buy the Viper and realise I've put myself in a S#&$ hole of grinding for credits.  Let me explain in math

Braton=$25,000 (Decent gun for decent value, no wait time)

Viper= $20,000 for blueprint

+$20,000 to build

$40,000 (not too great of a gun, and you have to wait some time to build it)

To make it equal to the Braton you need to dual wield so let's add another Viper...

Viper= $20,000 for blueprint

+$20,000 to build

Then to make them dual wield you need a blueprint, that's another $15,000.  After gathering the resources you need to rebuild the gun and while this is happening you are down a secondary weapon.

So do the math

$20,000

$20,000

$20,000

$20,000

+$15,000

-------------

$95,000 +36 hour build time (Pistol Equivalent of the Braton)

Is it just me or is that far off as far as price vs. value goes?  (On a side note the twin viper does more damage but is less accurate and has a smaller clip size. )

That amount of credits can be obtained by doing a single t3 void run. Credit farming will be the least of your troubles later if you keep playing this game my friend.

Also I would suggest experimenting with other secondary weapons as a general rule. A handful of them have armor ignore like the bolto and the kunai making them more than likely better than your braton for certain enemies such as the grineer.

Edited by Dr.KennethNoiswater

If you are in stealth there is an execute maneuver by hitting x if you come up behind an enemy that isn't alerted.  In general stealth gameplay is still very rudimentary and being worked on, so you can expect more stuff for stealthing about in future updates.  

In general, if you hit an unaware enemy in melee you will auto crit and also possibly 'super crit (red numbers)'.  In addition, invisibility (loki) and smokescreen (ash) both give damage bonuses.  Ghost doesn't do that but still gets you the auto crit because it helps you get into position of unaware enemies.  It is possible to sneak up on people without invis, but it's REALLY REALLY HARD.  Also the other problem with stealthing about is that more guys spawn when they're alerted which is more opporuntities for loot.  There isn't much incentive for doing it that way except for personal satisfaction.

If you are in stealth there is an execute maneuver by hitting x if you come up behind an enemy that isn't alerted.  In general stealth gameplay is still very rudimentary and being worked on, so you can expect more stuff for stealthing about in future updates.  

In general, if you hit an unaware enemy in melee you will auto crit and also possibly 'super crit (red numbers)'.  In addition, invisibility (loki) and smokescreen (ash) both give damage bonuses.  Ghost doesn't do that but still gets you the auto crit because it helps you get into position of unaware enemies.  It is possible to sneak up on people without invis, but it's REALLY REALLY HARD.  Also the other problem with stealthing about is that more guys spawn when they're alerted which is more opporuntities for loot.  There isn't much incentive for doing it that way except for personal satisfaction.

Yeah I thought Ghost had the same effect as Ash's smoke screen or Loki's invisibility but I guess not...that's a bummer.

And as far as the credits go I understand I'm not that far haha but for now I'm only earning about 3k a game and that mean's I'll be spending the next few days just to earn the credits needed let alone wait for the build.  Guess it wouldn't be too bad if I wasn't stuck with the sucky beginning pistol still haha

edit: And now that I think about it...for being a ninja game it's not very ninja XD more like super-soldiers with boots that allow them to run on walls.  I love it though and it is beta.  Hope they do more as they have so far

Edited by Barrettx50xcalx

Yeah I thought Ghost had the same effect as Ash's smoke screen or Loki's invisibility but I guess not...that's a bummer.

And as far as the credits go I understand I'm not that far haha but for now I'm only earning about 3k a game and that mean's I'll be spending the next few days just to earn the credits needed let alone wait for the build.  Guess it wouldn't be too bad if I wasn't stuck with the sucky beginning pistol still haha

edit: And now that I think about it...for being a ninja game it's not very ninja XD more like super-soldiers with boots that allow them to run on walls.  I love it though and it is beta.  Hope they do more as they have so far

There is a stealth attack, bu having done a full solo run using stealth gameplay, I recommend NEVER, I repeat NEVER using it. It appears to do the same damage as a regular charge attack but prevents you from moving for what feels like an eternity.

Credit values for guns, and resource values for that matter are pretty borked though, paying mostly for style not for efficiency. The actual time spent getting a weapon, and the influx of credits is pretty stable for the most part. You'll read a lot of posts saying that credits are useless in this game, but really, I found I was borderline broke pretty much the whole game, up until the point where I'd built almost everything in the game. At that point credits roll in faster than it would ever be possible to spend them.

While I do think stealth attacks should just always be active if an enemy is not looking at you (or you're invisible), I don't think Shade's ability to make you invisible is useless otherwise. It's a great way to set up the enemy, or just stop getting shot at. You can go running at a heavy gunner's face, but the moment you get there, you're invisible, everyone stops shooting you, and then you wind up your melee charge or other attack, and let the bodies fly. Shade has a lot more uses to his cloaking than just sneaking around not killing dudes.