Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Few New Weapon Ideas

Konnivar

I can't find any proper sugguestion tab to post this thread so General Discussion will have to do.

These are a few weapons that I think would be interesting additions to the Tenno arsenal.

Shield:

This would be considered a melee weapon with one significant difference, the ability to negate all incoming damage when using the block mechanic.  The shield would have a very short mele range with a charge attack that knocks down enemies (much like the Grineer shield lancers).

A suppressed pistol:

I don't particularly care what this looks like its just something simple and obvious that hasn't been added to the game quite yet that would fit in very well with the polishing of the stealth system. (Bonus points for having akimbo suppressed pistols)

A suppressed AR:

Like a suppressed braton etc. just more variety for possible stealth gameplay.

Flail:

Like a midieval ball and chain but with energy instead of a chain (need I say more?).

Scimitars:

Either dual or single (or both) --- I want my space-ninja-pirate fantasy to be a reality!

Crossbow:

They added bows, this is the logical next step.  This weapon could work one of two ways: Either be a slower-firing, harder-hitting weapon or a multi-round fast firing space crossbow!

Energy Shotgun:

The current shotguns are great and having a corpus themed shotgun would round the group out.

Arc-Rifle:

A rifle that fires an electric bolt that does moderate damage and has a chance to leap to multiple enemies. (A chain lightning gun)

Slingshot:

A high tension slingshot secondary that would act much like the paris and dread (and kunai).  High-damage, single shot, & silent (possibly with thunderbolt?)

Grenade launcher:

The ultimate infested killer, a multi-round grenade launcher with moderate damage.

Think these ideas are good or bad?  Do you like some things but not others? 

Please leave a comment below giving feedback! Especially if you want to see some of these weapons in game!

• Shield: Grineer Shield would be cool. I've wanted one for ages.
  • Suppressed Pistol: Already exists. The Acrid is a suppressed acid dart pistol.
  • Suppressed AR: Yes.
  • Flail: Yes, but the game has enough freakin' melee weapons.
  • Scimitars: Yes, but the game has enough freakin' melee weapons.
  • Crossbow: All my friggin' yes. Do friggin' want.
  • Energy Shotgun: Yes.
  • Arc Rifle: Yes.
  • Slingshot: Eh. Role fulfilled by Kunai. The Kunai already turn anything they hit into paste.
  • Grenade Launcher: Already exists. Ogris (Explosive), Torid (Gas).

Is the weapon feedback section actually for sugguestions as well? That is the bit that I was confused about, there is no actual topic tab for sugguestions specifically.

• Suppressed Pistol: Already exists. The Acrid is a suppressed acid dart pistol.

• Grenade Launcher: Already exists. Ogris (Explosive), Torid (Gas).

The suppressed pistol wouldn't function like the torid, it would be more like a suppressed lato (It wouldn't have visible, slow projectiles), also (I hope) it would be easier to obtain than the acrid.

The grenade launcher would fire faster than the Ogris and Torid which are more like rocket launchers than grenade launchers; it would also be easier to obtain.

We have too many weapons as it is. Granted they're mostly melee and half the melee weapons in the game could/should be removed/made skins, but they need to stop adding weapons for a while and distinguish existing ones from each other mechanically.

also lore, lore, lore but that's technically irrelevant to this topic

We don't need any more damn melee weapons.

I agree there are a lot of melee weapons but there are also a lot of useless melee weapons.  Also only 3 of the 10 weapons are melee.

If anything I'd love to see the suppressed pistols in the game, secondaries are the most lacking when it comes to weapons.

Probably might be moved to fanzone soon, since weapon feedback is meant for existing weapons

Shield: The concept is fine... though I guess what bothers me is the possible looks. Kind of imagined this being like a wrist mounted translucent energy shield that activates when in use. I'd rather not have this look like a bulky riot shield that stays on the back.

A suppressed pistol: Suppressed Lex, perhaps?

A suppressed AR: Would be okay with this. I'd really would rather not have it be a Braton variant though

Flail: Sure, but I'd rather see plenty of new primaries and secondaries first

Scimitars: I kind of feel these might be better off as skins. Maybe for Ethers?

Crossbow: Would rather see these be turned into a marksman version of the Boltor

Energy Shotgun: Would be nice, though I feel we could use a Grineer shotgun for Troopers also

Arc-Rifle: Want badly.

Slingshot: Not sure if want.

Grenade launcher: I think this would be neat. Probably have like 6 to 8 rounds default, fairly quick reload, somewhat easily spammable, predictable arc, significantly smaller blast radius compared to the Ogris. Trying to use the weapon at close range and the grenades don't even detonate, perhaps?

Edited by tsubasakuroi

This kinda stuff should go in weapon feedback - but nice ideas.

I'm not really sure if it should as that sounds more like a place for feedback on current weapons not for sugguested ideas.

There is no proper place to put sugguestions for anything in the game (apart from maybe fan art but that would be more appropriate if I had also drawn pictures of each weapon).

That's not true, Konnivar. The respective dev teams look in those subforums more frequently. The problem with posting in General Discussion is that it's too cluttered here and threads live and die in minutes before they're pushed to the bottom of the page.

I hope a moderator moves this to Weapon Feedback. They really should.

That's not true, Konnivar. The respective dev teams look in those subforums more frequently. The problem with posting in General Discussion is that it's too cluttered here and threads live and die in minutes before they're pushed to the bottom of the page.

I hope a moderator moves this to Weapon Feedback. They really should.

Ok, Thanks.  I'll probably just copy paste my OP to Weapon Feedback.

Also I'm not opposed to the weapon skins ideas, the thought never occored to me actually.

Edited by Konnivar