Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So This Is The Place To Place Your Suggestions Even If You're Not On The Designer Council?

SicSlaver

If it's true and the important peoples actually read this that would be cool. I've got ideas!

After reading some of the replies I've got, I've decided to edit in my ideas on this first post.

Of course my ideas may not be original and have been put out there already or even being worked on. I haven't checked any of them, but I expect DE to be able to. I'll list them in no order of priority or importance. And to anyone willing to take their time to read them, thank you.

- Add a feature to mark mods you don't want to be fused into other mods. I feel insecure when I see these rare mods I took time to get and I can possibly accidentally fuse them into something else. I know they have this customer service to dig back up the mod you accidentally fused, but this will limit the number of possible cases of accidents though.

- There are not enough V mods. There are only 3 atm. Also, warframes that are supposed to be heavily oriented to damage become quite useless as their damage is resisted at higher level defence missions. I suggest adding a mod that will give warframe powers a certain percent of armour ignore and make all uber power ignore armour.

- This idea is a little radical and may not even be possible, but I'm going to throw it out there anyways because it's fun. Make  separate melee and range combat modes. That way you'll have more buttons freed up and you can use left and right clicks to make up different melee combos. This will make melee combat even more fun! Plus, it doesn't feel right that we get a cool sheathing animation but no unsheathing animation(actually this was what gave me the idea...). I want to unsheathe my blade instead of it just appearing in my hand as I press the melee button.

- Of course the easier way would be to just simply give melee an unsheathe (i.e. iaido) attack.

- From livestream #8, I heard that people don't bother to use normal melee attacks and instead just use charge attacks in high level defence missions because charge attacks ignores armour. Well if you had melee combos, different combos could have different effects hence making normal melee attacks more useful. If we can't have melee combos added, then we'll need to resort to mods. So why not give normal attacks a multi-strike mod? (e.g. @ Level 0: 5% chance to do 2 strikes with normal attacks. @ Level 5: 25% chance to do 7 strikes with normal attacks.) The strikes will appear as a spectre of the warframe doing the the strikes in an extremely quick succession. Sounds cool, but then again 7 strikes of 1 damage isn't really going to improve anything.... You could give the strikes armour ignore though.

- A mod that will give melee attacks more momentum as you chain successive normal attacks, but that's complicated to explain and could be very long. Use your imagination DE!

- A mod that will power up the next charge attack as you land normal attacks. (e.g. @ Lvl 0: After hitting with 1 normal attack, next charge attack will gain +100% damage. @ Lvl 5: After hitting with 5 normal attacks, next charge attack will gain +600% damage. The effects of lower levels are retained even as you level up the mod, so at level 5 you don't have to hit 5 times, it's just that if you hit fewer times, the charge damage bonus will be lower.)

- Allow us to recover from knockdown by pressing the "jump" button within a time frame (e.g. 1 or 2 seconds) after being hit with a knockdown attack. This maneuver will cost stamina. This type of action is actually really common in action games.

- Allow us to shoot while we're being dragged by a scorpion wire. Not when we're initially hit by it and we drop to the ground though, just when we're actually being dragged by it. This will allow us to end the dragging prematurely by killing the Scorpion or, if we choose, shoot at the other enemies shooting at us.

- Since they're so intent on making stealthing a thing, they could introduce silencer mods for guns and stealth attack damage mods for melee weapons or just make stealth attacks instant kills. They could add ventilation routes or other alternate routes to avoid detection. Actually, the whole stealthing thing requires a lot of rework. Maybe I should consider making another thread dedicated to this....

- Gathering resources should be like gathering credits where 1 person picks them up and the other cell members gets it as well. At least make them have an after glow like the mods so we know if someone didn't pick them up yet.

Edited by SicSlaver

Yes! Post everything, they actually surf the forums in their free time to take in ideas and feedback from the community! Unlike SOME game developers i know of *cough* Riot Games *cough*

Cut them a break, it's hardly practical with the size of the community.

So This Is The Place To Place Your Suggestions Even If You're Not On The Designer Council?

Made me LOL. Yes darling, this is the designer council, those shoes are just awful with that Armour honey. Are you really going outside with that sentinel?

Trust me sweetie, I'm telling you now, that redirection makes you look fat.

You're too good for him honey, just let that grineer go.

OMG... did you see what lotus is wearing? She's so desperate for attention.

Edited by bmason

Cut them a break, it's hardly practical with the size of the community.

S/he meant Riot Games almost actively browses their forums, even with their massive player base and actively posting non-stop. I've actually had a response from CertainlyT in a pre-Zed lore discussion about ninjas.

If you put it in this light, he's taking a stab at DE's participation in the community :I

Lol, Master founders post their ideas here, too. The design council is only for "Organized" sort of contributions, we can't start threads or make suggestions. We just get to give certain ideas (ie Antimatter abilities, frame themes) and vote on other additions

Well, consider that Masters and GMs can't make a new topic in the design council - we're standing even in term of posting our ideas. 

I think DE have been actively browsing the forum but they don't have to post everywhere. A waste of time, imo.

Well, consider that Masters and GMs can't make a new topic in the design council - we're standing even in term of posting our ideas. 

I think DE have been actively browsing the forum but they don't have to post everywhere. A waste of time, imo.

this^

Huh, I didn't know you couldn't even start threads in the Design Council. But really, DE rarely ever takes in ideas from the forums. The only times when the forums really affect anything is when a ton of threads all complain about a certain aspect, such as RNG, rushers/quitters or the slide cooldown, and even then it doesn't really look like DE takes player suggestion into account, only that people REALLY dislike something and that they should throw a band-aid on it.

Plus, the community usually prefers to bump up controversial threads (slots, RNG, rushing vs exploring etc.) while actual suggestion threads just sink out of existence in less than a day 90% of the time.

I used to spend hours thinking up and writing long suggestion threads about new enemy types, balancing enemies and improving AI. Nowadays i can't be bothered :/

Edited by Madotsuki

Huh, I didn't know you couldn't even start threads in the Design Council. But really, DE rarely ever takes in ideas from the forums. The only times when the forums really affect anything is when a ton of threads all complain about a certain aspect, such as RNG, rushers/quitters or the slide cooldown, and even then it doesn't really look like DE takes player suggestion into account, only that people REALLY dislike something and that they should throw a band-aid on it.

Plus, the community usually prefers to bump up controversial threads (slots, RNG, rushing vs exploring etc.) while actual suggestion threads just sink out of existence in less than a day 90% of the time.

I used to spend hours thinking up and writing long suggestion threads about new enemy types, balancing enemies and improving AI. Nowadays i can't be bothered :/

I'm not saying they have to use my ideas. As long as they at least read it and get some idea of what I'm going for or what the issue is.

I wonder if I should've made each idea a separate thread though. It becoming too long of a read and I can't really elaborate.

Edited by SicSlaver