The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

My Warframe Just Completely Restarted To Download 1.6 Gb Again

Iremblence

Ok mine just did this. Just turned PC on, checked Warframe alerts via a third party source (dashnet.org was down, so I checked the facebook page Warframe Alerts), saw the Orokin Catalyst, and proceeded to start up Warframe via Steam.

And then Steam runs me through the initial "install" process it does when you attempt to fire up a game you haven't installed yet. Allocates disk space, then starts downloading Warframe (approx. 1.9gb). While I'm not too frustrated by this, I would state my internet is about mid-tier, it's going 1.2 mbyte/sec at this point, so it won't take too long. However what happens when this occurs to people who either have: slow internet, or small set quotas per month, or both? I thought there was some sort of big update or bug that required a clean install, but the forums would indicate that there wasn't such a thing.

Disappoint.

EDIT: And now it's downloading a 383 mb "update". 

Edited by Jubis

well not everyone has 1 or 2mb /sec speed... warframe doesnt know how to split things

I'm aware of this, hence why I said I'm mid-tier. I have plenty of friends that brag plenty about their 10+ mbyte/sec speeds, and then there are those on the other end of the spectrum who still run as low as 100 kb/sec (and probably some unfortunate ones who run even slower). I did go on to mention that this wasn't a worry for me.

The main issue was that I had to download the entire game again because of no apparent reason, and then the subsequent update. Also, DE doesn't know how to update their install package to most-recent updates, or prefer to run with a "base" client/launcher model and just run updates to finish off the "dot number" content. My guess is the 1.9 gb was the engine/content up to 8.0, and the patch was the content released up to 8.2.

Edited by Jubis