Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback For Game Improvement

SinLortuen

INTRODUCTION

In this thread I'm going to mention some things that I'd like to see implemented in the game to make it more exciting.

First things first, the game seems to be a grindfest so it'll be a little hard to change the direction it has already gone at. Let's jump to suggestions.

NOTE: keep in mind that everyone can contribute to this thread by introducing something new and appealing.

THINGS THAT ARE ALREADY A PROBLEM AND SHOULD BE FIXED

1. Servers

They really need to change the hosting system that is causing that much lag to players if the host's connection is bad. This takes away the fun of most of people who can't solo a map. They can do what every game did and make a bot host the map so no one complains.

2. Chat UI

While this seems a minor problem, it really isn't. We need a whisper tab and the option to right click on any name in chat and have 4 options: Whisper, Add Friend, Invite and Join Session (I'm not sure about the last one since I don't really agree with joining someone's game when he hasn't even invited you)

3. Contacts-Invite System

Contacts are good as they are as of now but the built-in invite system has many problems. First of all, they really need to fix that "failed to join session" message we all have gotten at some time not letting us to join a game that we have already been invited for no reason. 

After this, I think that having to add a bunch-load of people just to go to void makes your friendlist a disaster. In every other game the friendlist works as an easy way to see which people, whom you know or met in the game and want to keep contact, are online and offers you a way for immediate access on contacting them. So something should be done about this as well.

THINGS THAT CAN BE IMPLEMENTED TO MAKE THE GAME MORE APPEALING

1. Raid Bosses

Since this game's focus is PVE raid bosses seems to be a great idea, since the planet bosses we already have are easier to kill than elite monsters of each faction. I'll go into more depth about this and write down some thoughts of mine on this subject.

So how will this feature work?

Since there is already an alert system this feature can be implemented on that system. Having a 1-2 hours alert for each boss per day-2 days seems a very good frequency for doing raids.

Why would you do a raid boss alert then?

Raid Bosses will have a guaranteed chance to drop either an ability mod or a blueprint for a new feature I'm gonna mention below and a 100% chance to drop a component that can be used to craft the item from the blueprint the boss may drop. This might keep the players busy for a long time if 10+ bosses are created for this purpose.

Drops of Raid Bosses

-Ability Mod: Since mods are relics of techonlogy a certain faction uses, this ability mod can be an ability that the raid boss is using and if the player acquires it he will be able to use that certain ability as well. This mod won't be able to be fused with other mods but only with itself (to keep players interested in farming the raid boss again)

-Component: The new component will be needed in numbers of 10 to actually enable the player to craft the certain item on the blueprint.

-New Item: The new item I'm talking about is a set of armors. Don't rush and say that I'm trying to get the game to a standard mmo-rpg. Those armors apart from making your warframe more cool-looking will have a passive ability giving more depth in certain roles: Tank, AoE DPS, single-target DPS, Crowd Control and Healing (though we only have Trinity as a healer so I'm not sure about a healer in this kind of game)

Apart from the passives, armors may have a -stat +stat as helmets do but with more meaning to help the roles of the passives. This feature may add more depth and add actual builds to the game. Who isn't annoyed by playing the same warframe as anyone else?

2. Competition Between Players

As much as many people like to defend that this game is PvE and should stay that way PvP is essential in these kinds of games. Players would like to show off to anyone for a piece of gear he acquired and maxed using 3 formas on it. Just killing a boss won't be enough.

Changes so that PvP can be implemented-Actual benefits from playing PvP

If someone has played the game for more than 30 hours he knows that team PvP would be a disaster and I fully agree with him. Imagine a Nyx making the opponent team shoot each other to death. There is no actual point in this. So if a PvP system is introduced abilities should really change. We could have new abilities that we can purchase them via PvP points currency since I'm not so fond of new gear because we already have a ****-load of it. 

So this kind of PvP lets PvE players enjoy their content without making it obligatory to go and play PvP and people who like PvP can farm for skills (and possibly PvP-exclusive armors) to be more powerfull in that specific feature of the game.

CONCLUSION

Well that was all the suggestions I could think of. Let me know what you guys think and if you like them please help for this to reach the DE. You are welcome to post any suggestion you see fit. Also keep in mind that english isn't my native language so my grammar may be bad. Thanks in advance.

Edited by SinLortuen

PVP abilities? They wont happen since De already said that PVP isnt a main part of the game. They should just give us more abilities everyone would use and not only the pvp guys.

Other than the pvp stuff, I support your ideas....

PVP abilities? They wont happen since De already said that PVP isnt a main part of the game. They should just give us more abilities everyone would use and not only the pvp guys.

Other than the pvp stuff, I support your ideas....

I'm not talking about what the DE has said. I'm talking about what would improve the game regardless. 

PvP abilities are mentioned because it seems a good way to make people who like PvP more appealing. Basically PvP abilities can be nerfed existing abilities that aren't click and win.

Thanks for the support.