Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I. Hate. Wallrunning.

NydusTemplar

It is simple, if in life persons had to do every test without practice or without being shown how to properly execute then many would fail. Adding a practice mode would be essential if they intend to keep the wait period. The TEST is meant to TEST your mastery, you should not have to go now and LEARN how to execute within the TEST that ascertains whether you have learnt it or not. It is backwards thinking and is just plain wrong.

Stop chiding on people just because they have difficulty with something you either suffered through and passed or never had a problem with in the first place. Gosh, the human race is so spiteful its disgusting.

I agree with you 100%, but I must laugh at the irony of your statement in relation to your forum name.  Kudos.

Uh?

I'm talking about releasing yourself from wall running WITHOUT flipping off the wall and going flying without wings.

Anytime you "stop" yourself during a wall run, your character PUSHES off the wall and sometimes will go absolutely Flying......right off the ledge you were trying to get to.

What I want to do, is stop wall running, but drop straight down (or drop down with some minor forward momentum since you were just sprinting a second ago) instead of pushing myself off the wall. The game doesn't seem to allow that anymore (it once did).

When wall running, if you melee, you do the diving slash attack.  If you press crouch, it sometimes tries to grab a nearby wall but then will just drop straight down.  If you release w or whatever you use to move forward, while still holding jump, it stops wall running.  Your drop straight down command is release w.

As for the wallrunning mastery test.  It shouldn't change.  But like someone said, they really just need to add in more secret rooms, or rewards for using wall running in the normal levels.  Give more reasons to use wallrunning.  It would also be nice to get a bit more warning about the test or some version of practice so that people have a feel for wallrunning before getting to that test.

When I first got to that test, I wasn't worried at all.  But the wallrunning glitched on me the first time and I got timed out.  Then the second time, it specifically bugged out.  I started my sprint, jumped to the platform, it rolled and tossed me off the edge, then when it respawned me it constantly kept drifting me off the side of the starter ring while it was standing up from the kneeling position.  Talk about a blown test.  Third try I passed the test.  For some people the test isn't a challenge, but for most it is a challenge that really shows that you can use skills that have been offered to us.

Even more fun is when you take the test and can't pre-shoot all the orbs.  You can only shoot them after you touch the closest platfrom or wall.

The test may be unappealing to some players, especially when they have to wait to retake the test, but most players will not have anything that can stop them from passing.  The controls are there and do not often glitch or fail.  The true issues are only that most players will be overwhelmed the first time they enter the test.  It is a major surprise when players get to that test.

Well everybody hate wallrunning,include me :D

I hate how you say "everybody" hates it.

Anyways, if I ever get a chance (and a way to record), I will make a youtube video showing how to properly use wall running effectively.

It helps to have a Fang for the slide attack as it gives you more speed and control over where you go or could stop.

I failed the test once, my jump was bugged though.

Failing the test doesn't harm anything, you can still gain mastery and work on leveling your weapons etc.

Sure failure is frustrating, but that's life. ;o

So, managed it this time.  The option setting for not having to hold for wall run helped quite a bit since you could essentially hit the space bar multiple times while falling next to a wall to get it to take.  (So long as you don't mash the button frantically, just press it once, see if it takes, then press it firmly again.) However, I don't really rescind any of my statements.  I do think there's work that needs to be done here.  Obviously there should be tutorials for many things in the game (we are supposed to be well trained Tenno), but as others have said they are working on it.

Wall Running is still twitchy and fairly unforgiving, but not requiring click to hold helps with this to a degree.  It, like many things in the game, still needs work.

I also think the Mastery tests should be available to do once you've completed them as well as the test coming up.  Perhaps this is something that can be worked into the dojo, I'm not sure.  It would be best if it allowed for multiple participants so that people could mentor if someone really has issues, and they can effectively practice the run as much as they like until they've mastered it.  Maybe that would be difficult to do, I'm not a programmer, but I think it would interesting to play around with.  Additionally, it could be set up in a number of different ways, with everyone running the same course or maybe having races of sorts using the mastery tests.  Again, something to think about in the dojo.

I'm glad its over with, and now that I've got that missing piece (for me) I think I'll feel a bit less frustrated and angry, but it doesn't change the feedback I've given.  I do think this should be addressed, and I'd honestly try to get to it early as possible with the PS4 version.  (Not sure how far off that is, but something to consider.)