Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Weapon Mods, Electric Damage Or Range?

KamaNightfire

Hello.

Currently i'm working to forma my setup, and after looking over my " Hate " only 1 mod seems to be one i'm doubtful of, and that's " Shocking Touch ". I only use Hate for Infested missions, as what most melee weaponry is only useful for now-a-days :P , and i'm thinking " Reach " would be a much better option. Does Shocking Touch do " no " damage at all against Infested, and does Reach actually work as intended currently?

Any though's :o

I currently use Hate as well, and I can definitely confirm that Reach works. As far as electrical damage against infested is concerned, I probably wouldn't use it. Most small creatures die with only a few hits at most anyway, and Ancients seem to be highly resistant against electrical damage. So in your case, I'd definitely go with reach.

BIossome, on 02 Jul 2013 - 2:02 PM, said:

This is how mine look.

V and 2 -

KkcrjFN.jpg

ah the only difference from yours and mine is I'm using pressure point instead of reach, i guess from everyones feedback i'll use reach over shocking touch :P , anyone confirm if Hate can reach the other side of a cryo pod with it? XD

This is how mine look.

V and 2 -

KkcrjFN.jpg

My melee weapons are the SAME as this one (V and 2 -), but i put Pressure point instead of Shocking touch. 

So, if you have to chose between those two mods, let's use Reach. it's way better.

Shocking Touch is one of the worst mods in the game. Costs as much as most other elementals, but only adds 5% per level of Electric damage, which is also arguably the worst element in the game, that's also completely ignored by an entire faction. Compare this with Reach, which has the unique effect of increasing range (raw damage gets increased by lots of mods).

Also if you ever choose to not use Sundering Strike I will eat you :P