Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Spy Mission Sortie Tips?

2Peter3Nine

Question

Same as a normal spy mission, be stealthy.

Also, play in solo mode.

I've not once in two years had a public spy mission succeed.

Why?

Because so many players just sprint through everything at break neck speeds, not caring about alerting enemies along the way.

Things that I think Spy missions should use.

The room with the door you open with a console should have a camera. (if the camera sees you it alerts the data deletion)

It should also go off if the door opens when no-one is in the room. (loki/ivara/ash are invisable)

To get past this you need to enter the room as an enemy walks through the door as well,

and have a enemy in the room with you while you hack the other door open.

If playing Nyx,

mind controling the guy in the main room you can see through the glass,

will make him open the door straight to the chamber so you can go straight to the console you need to hack.

But the camera will still alert data deletion so you havta hack fast.

2 answers to this question

The problem with public spy is other players.  More often than not, they're NOT good at spy or be stealthy.  Forcing the players to be even more stealthy just won't work.  They're not going to learn and it'll only make them and everyone else more frustrated. The rest of us who solo or friends only do it stealthily and quickly, but you don't see that because we're soloing and doing it friends only.  A lot of people don't like spy missions already, and your suggestions will make them avoid spy even more.  I can handle sorties spy without alerting enemies or starting data purging, but I'm not keen about your ideas.  They are cheap tricks to create artificial difficulty.  There are plenty of mission and enemy cheese in game, and I don't think we need even more.