Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Penta Have a Grenade Limit?

BornToDevour

Penta (and other alt-fire to detonate weapons such as Castanas and Talons) can only have five undetonated grenades out at one time. Why?

Penta is a fun and unique weapon, and part of that appeal lies in setting up traps and minefields. Only being able to set 5 grenades really limits that as a valid playstyle, especially when using multishot.

I started playing with the Penta again after I got a riven mod for it that gives +108% multishot. and only being able to fire two shots before being forced to detonate took a lot of the wow factor and excitement out of the gun and the new mod. It's almost like the gun actively punishes you for building multishot. I'm trying to think of another gun (non-alt-fire to detonate) in the game that does something like this. Do Torid clouds disappear when you have too many out? Does the Simulor cease to fire after you've made 5 vortexes? This limit is even affected by Mirage's Hall of Mirrors. With that active, I can fire one time before being forced to detonate my grenades. I just ran a Simulacrum test where I had around 20 Tonkor grenades in the air (using Hall of Mirrors), yet could only have 5 Penta grenades.

I'd really like to see this limit removed, or at the very least increased so I can fire a full magazine with multishot. If that's not possible, would it be possible to know why the limit is in place? Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

11 hours ago, BornToDevour said:

Penta (and other alt-fire to detonate weapons such as Castanas and Talons) can only have five undetonated grenades out at one time. Why?

Penta is a fun and unique weapon, and part of that appeal lies in setting up traps and minefields. Only being able to set 5 grenades really limits that as a valid playstyle, especially when using multishot.

I started playing with the Penta again after I got a riven mod for it that gives +108% multishot. and only being able to fire two shots before being forced to detonate took a lot of the wow factor and excitement out of the gun and the new mod. It's almost like the gun actively punishes you for building multishot. I'm trying to think of another gun (non-alt-fire to detonate) in the game that does something like this. Do Torid clouds disappear when you have too many out? Does the Simulor cease to fire after you've made 5 vortexes? This limit is even affected by Mirage's Hall of Mirrors. With that active, I can fire one time before being forced to detonate my grenades. I just ran a Simulacrum test where I had around 20 Tonkor grenades in the air (using Hall of Mirrors), yet could only have 5 Penta grenades.

I'd really like to see this limit removed, or at the very least increased so I can fire a full magazine with multishot. If that's not possible, would it be possible to know why the limit is in place? Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Because you used to have something like 600 ammo for it.