Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to transform Frost into a Tank warframe?

peq42

Question

Man common, which mods i need to make this thing tank?

sem_ty10.jpg

With those i'm dying very easy (alone) on missions level ~50

EDIT: Ah and...before anyone say: Sorry for posting on the wrong area.I only saw where i was posting after posting...

Edited by elpeleq42

1 hour ago, Faulcun said:

Wow.... reading these posts... Something must have changed over the last 3 years.... cause frost had the same stats as rhino, and both were considered tanks. Now Frost has 110 armor more than rhino.

Even with Iron Crutch, Frost isnt that far off from rhino unless you are doing some sort of super meta build or whatever.

Which begs the question, what is a tank? Do you expect to go afk for 15 min, make a sandwich, and come back expecting your frame to still be alive?

As some people have already stated, mobility is key to survival first and foremost.

Redirection, Vitality, Steel Fiber. Max em out. Thats more than enough to take a few hits and keep on going. Start utilizing ALL of his powers, and youve got a recipe for a beast.

Meta builds will get you in trouble IMO

The reason why Frost isn't a tank per se is because the way damage scaling works is that either every frame is a tank in some missions, or literally none of them are. the difference being abilities, that are admittedly crutches, that allow them to go the extra mile. Rhino and Nezha only barely make it into the tanking list I have above you, even with their damage absorption that turns into an extra layer of health they're still the worst tanks in the game. Anyone with health regen is a better tank, and valkyr has literal invulnerability, same with Zephyr to a lesser degree. The reason is they can use rage to keep going for ever. Frost has more armor, but unless you count snow globe as a tanking ability it isn't enough to be called a tank. Trinity is the best tank because she doesn't need something like life strike, and she doesn't need rage. She's self sufficiently and cannot die against any level of enemy with the correct set up. If we remove the tanking crutches, we'll have to also need a damage system rework especially on how the damage and defensive stats scale. I have always been a proponent of removing infinitely scaling enemies so DE can design proper end level enemies. No more of this talk about frames being useless if they aren't good in endless missions, or that power creep exist. If we have an actual metric to measure these things then we can call for proper balance changes. the raids and sorties are a start, but I'm hesitant to say we know how the game should be played yet. The energy system also needs an overhaul as well.

Also there are meta builds?

7 hours ago, Faulcun said:

Wow.... reading these posts... Something must have changed over the last 3 years.... cause frost had the same stats as rhino, and both were considered tanks. Now Frost has 110 armor more than rhino.

Even with Iron Crutch, Frost isnt that far off from rhino unless you are doing some sort of super meta build or whatever.

Which begs the question, what is a tank? Do you expect to go afk for 15 min, make a sandwich, and come back expecting your frame to still be alive?

As some people have already stated, mobility is key to survival first and foremost.

Redirection, Vitality, Steel Fiber. Max em out. Thats more than enough to take a few hits and keep on going. Start utilizing ALL of his powers, and youve got a recipe for a beast.

Meta builds will get you in trouble IMO

best answer right here imo