The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Suddenly, Other Players Lag When I Host.

XCodes

This has only been going on for the past couple days, but suddenly players are complaining about lag issues when my computer is hosting the game.  I've been playing for about 2 months now, and this hasn't happened at all before.  I tested my connection speed and it's still 12mbps down/1.5mbps up like it always has been, and IIRC nothing else is taking up any bandwidth.

Most recent patch was 8.2, but it seems that this might have started afterwards.

Possibilities:

- Players have bad connection to you because of distance.
- Players using intensive AoE skills constantly making your CPU struggle.
- Playing on defence levels, or other levels with a lot of enemies at once.
- Players were always lagging but never mentioned it.

- CPU is failing.

It's likely something to do with your CPU, this game doesn't seem to be very well optimized.

Edited by DanPaul7

^ Unlikely, No, No, Unlikely, No.

I should add, in this most recent game where someone complained about it, I even saw the other players' frames jumping around.  I'd call it lag, but I'm the host, and lag doesn't explain that.  The power of my computer doesn't, either.  Enemies move normally and framerate is both high and stable.  I'm thinking the devs tinkered with the netcode, and that's causing problems on my computer, but I don't see that a patch happened or anything so I have no idea.

EDIT: Oh god, I think I found it... give me some time to verify.

I can't verify it, but I suspect that my router is causing the problem. When I launched Warframe a little bit ago, it complained that my ports might not be getting access through my firewall.  I checked my computer's firewall, and it is apparently set up correctly, so... yeah...

Edited by XCodes