Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Bribe Picks

Eirshy

Hey, just a request regarding the 5-wave bribes to reduce the number of $&*^s dropping 16+ wave solos on people...

Could having someone make/change a vote when there are under 5 seconds remaining reset the timer to 5 seconds so people have a chance to notice that they're going to be soloing the next 5 waves?

I'm not married to 5 seconds, but 3-5 would probably be the ideal range.

POSSIBLE ABUSE:

"Delay of game" via constantly switching. Either to troll, or to Energy Siphon back to full mana.

HOW TO BLOCK:

Also add a maximum number of vote switches. 2-4 would probably be best.

I agree with this. If it was implemented in a simple way, that won't allow for trolldom or abuse, yet still allow for people to know that it is time for a choice. I would personally settle on a chiming noise for the last 5 seconds in one section of my opinion, but on the timer reset in another part. Maybe both. Just as long as we have a solid way to know if somebody is switching and allow others to swap because of that choice, would be good.

Or you could just pay attention.

Yep. I see no need for this suggestion.

Yeah, I do so *very* closely and I have very good reaction time. Thus, I catch the 1-second-remaining vote switch. Why? Because I'm paranoid and expect $&*^s- and had this drop me and another guy (who was really new and didn't have good weapons for it) into an 11-15 pseudo-solo on Palus (was on my shee and had my orthos with me, thank god).

What prompted this suggestion? It made me accidently leave a real life friend who also plays this game to solo Xini 16-20 because I was on Saryn instead of Banshee and didn't think we could duo 16-20 (friend on Ember; trio with the trinity who did the trollswap, sure).

Edited by TheBlueJelly

If a swap limit is in place:

omg trolol

I'm gonna swap at 1 second four times and make the other three wait a WHOLE 40 SECONDS.

If you can't take 40 seconds of "trolling" to save someone some trouble, there's something wrong with you

Suggestion is fine.

If a swap limit is in place:

omg trolol

I'm gonna swap at 1 second four times and make the other three wait a WHOLE 40 SECONDS.

If you can't take 40 seconds of "trolling" to save someone some trouble, there's something wrong with you

Suggestion is fine.

20 seconds really if it's just 5 seconds like OP suggested. Really, that's nothing.

How about when someone decides to collect the reward, the remaining player(s) get another prompt?

"(player 1), (player 2), (player 3) has left, are you sure you want to continue?"

That could work too. Doubly so if it gives you the frame each one of them were on. There've been times where I've been like "If the ___ stays, I'll stay.", and I'm sure there have been times others have felt the same way. Say, hover over the name and it'll pop up with a tooltip listing frame and weaponry (not what rank it is, just *what* it is). Would be quite nice for pugs so I don't have to match names to frames/ogris.

• 3 weeks later...

Gonna bump this again, since today I got left to solo 6-10 on Vaelfor (which lead to my own last second switch in response to another last second switch leaving another guy to solo 11-15), and a last-second switch on Xini caused a once-again-paranoid me to switch miliseconds before it locked our votes and leave a guy to solo 11-15 there.

Edited by TheBlueJelly