Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

The War Within - Choices Bug

HypheNation

When you reach the first choice in The War Within (just after getting the Void Mode for the Operator), the game bugs out and doesn't actually show the choices for you to pick. It just stays there for about 15 seconds then lets you continue the mission... except you have the lighting change from the choice still in effect, which makes continuing with the mission a bit of a pain. I haven't yet tested to see if this is affected by the other choices, but if it isn't and the lighting is just stuck like this, well.

And no, reaching the point where you unlock Transference (which is only a few feet away) doesn't change it back at all.

tldr: Solve this by turning down your graphics for better FPS during a replay of the quest.

I also had this issue on my original playthrough of the quest, as well as my first replay. Now on my second replay, I decided to try turning down the graphics quite a bit before blasting the wall that triggers the cutscene in question, which did make the three choices on what you thought of the adults gone mad appear along with dial and everything. I have yet to complete this playthrough due to another bug stopping progress, but from the looks of it, the missing choice has registered and added the missing choice point/leaf bud to the morality dial displayed in my player profile. Hopefully, we might also get some answers to my post in the bug megathread.

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2016 at 9:50 PM, Ocriel said:

tldr: Solve this by turning down your graphics for better FPS during a replay of the quest.

I also had this issue on my original playthrough of the quest, as well as my first replay. Now on my second replay, I decided to try turning down the graphics quite a bit before blasting the wall that triggers the cutscene in question, which did make the three choices on what you thought of the adults gone mad appear along with dial and everything. I have yet to complete this playthrough due to another bug stopping progress, but from the looks of it, the missing choice has registered and added the missing choice point/leaf bud to the morality dial displayed in my player profile. Hopefully, we might also get some answers to my post in the bug megathread.

Hello, i've had the same problem, and turning down the graphics did nothing, how could i fix it?

( here is a youtube video showing the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac0k5PBN21E )

The video isnt from me, i just happened to find it online. Anyways, i found a "solution", i just kept playing even though everything was hard to see, i watched a walkthrough on youtube to more or less see the direction where i should go, and after i exited the cave, the screen loaded and then it worked perfectly fine until the end.

Ah, I see. You will have the same issue as me then, where you won't get the proper alignment change due to missing out on that first choice. Not really that big of a deal in the end by the looks of it, since there have been more issues with the sun/neutral/moon alignment system in The Glast Gambit.