Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Sugestions] I've Been Thinking A Lot After The Live Stream.

Izeck

In the live stream it was mentioned that there are plans to improve stealth.

My thoughts on this:

Make stealth something like metal gear solid. Not MGS 3-4, more like MGS 1-2. Where the character would flatten himself on surfaces to hide. You could make noise to distract enemies and then sneak behind them to take them out. This would be awesome as a group. I have always loved stealth games.

The grappling hook:

It's still in early (VERY early) state. I remember hearing that they are thinking of whether to make this a melee weapon or what to do with it. I was thinking about it and I think it would be really kool if it was:

1) An item equipped in its unique slot. It could be triggered by aiming through the weapon sights and pressing the melee button.

2) A mod for melee weapons. Triggered the same way as above.

3) An all new weapon of it's own, a whip if you will. Normal attacks are AoE (like all heavy weapons) and charge attack is a grapple that can:

a) Pull small enemies to you, temporarily disorienting them (I would be disoriented if some one yanked me all the way across a room). This would be really effective in stealth as you can quietly separate enemies from the group and take them out in silence.

b) Pull you to large enemies, dealing damage to the target as you connect. Good for those players who like to get into the thick of a fight.

c) Be used as a grappling hook when aimed at the environment. Useful for scaling and gaining some distance or catching up to teammates who are ahead of you (Really useful for the slower frames).

I am really excited about the mention of the improvements to stealth.

They also considered in the live stream making this available to all frames as default or just making a specific frame that revolves around a grappling hook which would be cool but would limit other frames

Giving it to only one frame would be a real waste.

Most of us hate that a huge chunk of the community just likes to do speed runs. In this regard I was thinking that some enemies could be created to have special attacks against single players. Something like in left for dead.

Most of us hate that a huge chunk of the community just likes to do speed runs. In this regard I was thinking that some enemies could be created to have special attacks against single players. Something like in left for dead.

They've tried a few things like that and they all made the situation worse.

Laser door? If you move fast enough the lasers don't connect properly.

Scorpions? Their wip is more of a threat to ordinary players than to speed runners (and is nearly identical to L4D Smokers I might add)

Nervos? So rage inducing they actually removed them from the game. Also speed runners outran them.

The only think that even kinda works are those two person doors in Corpus tiles.

Speed runners gonna speed run. The only real answer is to join a clan that doesn't and play with them.