Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elemental Resistance Mods Buff (Plus Bonus Extra Mod Suggestion)

MJ12

Okay, quick suggestion on how elemental mods should be reworked:

1. Single-Element resistances should be Commons with 10% a level resistance and 5 levels, for a total of 60% resistance maxed. Base cost 4.

2. There should be a rare "Resist All" mod (make Sanctuary this because its function right now is lame) with 5% a level resistance and 3 levels, for a total of 20% resistance. Base cost 6.

Yes this means you could get 80% resistance on an Element if you wanted to blow 2 mod slots (out of your 10, and generally you'll want at least 2 abilities on your Warframe, so more like 'out of your 8'). Also, make Warm Coat a side effect of Cold Resistance.

3. Given the Thunderbolt and Ogris exist now, there should also be a mod, "Danger Close", which reduces self damage by 15% a level (with up to 5 upgrades, for a max of 90% self-damage resistance).

If that 60% stacked with mods like Steel Fiber, would it not be a little too much resistance?

Though the elemental resistance mods right now are a little useless, when they add more enemy weapons that do a certain elemental damage, I think they will come into effect more.

"Danger Close" sounds like a good mod idea, though I don't think 90% is good, maybe 30%, as it takes out one of the balancing aspects of weapons like Ogris, so you can't just shoot the ground below you for instant CC.

If that 60% stacked with mods like Steel Fiber, would it not be a little too much resistance?

Though the elemental resistance mods right now are a little useless, when they add more enemy weapons that do a certain elemental damage, I think they will come into effect more.

It's 90% against one damage type. Most factions have several (Grineer have fire, bullet, explosion, blunt, blade, and 4 of those have no resistance mods, Infested have blade, suicide, and poison, Corpus have laser, electric, and ragdoll) The possible exception with a weaker resistance would have to be 'laser', as Moas and Crewmen and Techs all do that damage type, allowing you to trivialize one faction.

"Danger Close" sounds like a good mod idea, though I don't think 90% is good, maybe 30%, as it takes out one of the balancing aspects of weapons like Ogris, so you can't just shoot the ground below you for instant CC.

An Ogris can easily do several thousand damage per shot. 90% is a minimum. Assume a multishot proc, a +105% Serration, and a 60% AP + 90% Freeze Ogris. That Ogris is doing 1050 explosion damage, 630 AP, and 945 Freeze. Freeze damage is doubled against shields, so it's more like "your shields disappear and you're still taking 400 freeze, 630 AP, and 1050 explosion". 30% self-damage resistance is completely and utterly useless.

At 90%, you're still taking 105 explosion + 63 AP + 95 freeze, which is more like 190+63+105 = 358 shield damage if you have shield mods. "Shooting the ground below you for instant CC" is likely to kill you very quickly even with 90% self damage resist.

I thought elements on the ogris played roullete to see which got to work... or was that bug fixed?

Anways, 85% cap on Danger Close imo. End game unless you're in something squish like Vauban you're sitting on 600+ max HP without mods. ~540 will bust your shields and apply some to your health without being able to oneshot a non-modded r30 non-squish.

Edited by TheBlueJelly