Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elemental 101

KeiYinXI

Question

So... It's that time of the day again where I'm paying attention to another type of Damage, and I'm totally confused, to an extent. I'm aware that Corrosive is useful against Armor, and that's pretty much why I use it for mostly all of my weapons.. but I'd like to get familiar with the different types of combined element damage types, would anyone be able to explain what are the most useful element damage types against the three enemy factions? and how I can properly build an elemental damage build, since I just got an akstiletto prime set, and plan to get a Soma Prime set soon.

3 answers to this question

Against armored Grineer and Corrupted:

• Corrosive: Use this if you have only 2 elemental slots available.
  • Corrosive-Cold: Use this if you have 3 elemental slots available. Corrosive covers enemies with Ferrite Armor and Cold covers enemies with Alloy Armor.
  • Corrosive-Blast: Blast is actually ineffective against Ferrite Armor, but is useful for its proc. Use this only if you can't use Corrosive-Cold, for example, when you are using all 4 60% status-elemental mods to boost your status chance.

Against unarmored Grineer and Corrupted:

• Viral: Use this if you have only 2 elemental slots available.
  • Viral-Slash: Use this if you have 3 elemental slots available and the weapon has at least 75% of its base damage in Slash.
  • Viral-Heat: Use this if you have 3 elemental slots available and the weapon has less than 75% of its base damage in Slash.
  • Viral-Radiation: Use this if you have 4 elemental slots available. Unlike Slash and Heat, which have a 25% bonus against Cloned Flesh, Radiation is neutral, but has a useful proc.

Against Corpus:

• Magnetic: Targets shields.
  • Toxin: Targets health.
  • Magnetic-Toxin: Targets both.
  • Magnetic-Gas: Only use this if you need to have all 4 60% status-elemental mods to boost your status chance, such as with the Mutalist Cernos.
  • Corrosive-Cold: Corrosive deals bonus damage to Bursas' Ferrite Armor, and Cold deals bonus damage to shields.
  • Viral-Slash: Use this with a weapon with high status chance, at least 75% of its base damage in Slash, and high rate of fire (or a 100% status chance shotgun, namely the Tigris Prime).

Against Infested:

• Corrosive: Use this if you have only 2 elemental slots available.
  • Corrosive-Heat: Use this if you have 3 elemental slots available.
  • Corrosive-Blast: Use this if you have 4 elemental slots available.