The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status is God (New Mods)

Kothophed

6 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Are you paying attention? That's why I'm hoping that these new Mods, which trigger additional effects dependent on inflicting a Status proc, will bring Status weapons into great relevance. Notice how none of them increase Status chance, just additional effects through the Status vein of things.

Except it won't because why would I want to waste time inflicting a status debuff when I can instagib lower leveled enemies in one or two hits instead? Like I said before, it would be one thing if these had an exilus slot, but they don't. They don't exist in a vacuum and will be taking up slots that we already need and use for required and DPS mods.

5 hours ago, Thebel said:

You could say it is bad because it only becomes worthwhile after a while, creating something for basically 1% of content is just kinda bad design. Status as a whole is just bad because it isnt worthwhile over crit nor does it even compete against it for a majority of content. Often times crit will apply the most important status on mobs, death/dead, what's the point of reducing their armor or shields, knocking them down, or stunning them when with crit, they're just dead instead. Sure I could proc corrosive a few times and lower this heavy armor enough that my weapon does normal damage or I could use my crit weapon that would kill it in fewer attacks overall because it does so much more damage.

The only worthwhile combo of status would be Sayrn and her spores causing viral because it's borderline passive with enough range. In the end that just makes crit weapons kill things even faster for anything less than level 100 or so.

I'm not saying status needs to be as good as crit but it needs to be decent enough to use and not feel like you are gimping yourself for doing so in non-extreme situations.

I get your point. A lot of times we end up min maxing stuff but if you really think about it, not even level 3 sorties actaully need that much effort. I guess if damage gets reworked, maybe both crit and status should have the same importance both in low and high end levels.

20 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

This augment appears to be an added bonus to Rhino builds that focus on Stomp, not Iron Skin, and generally play toward the skill as support and CC, not damage. Iron Skin builds will have so much effective health that the bonus from this mod is negligible. This mod appears to be most optimally used on Range/Duration support-focused Rhino builds, which prioritize the CC of Stomp (not the damage, which falls off quick anyway) and the buffing power of Roar. The augment is gives a little more sustain, that's about it. Think about it this way: if it were a percentage, players would be on the Forums complaining about mandatory mods and a new upgrade messing with their build.

It's absurd to expect the mod to give you more health to Iron Skin when it's already at 100%. Rhino already has two health bars, why would he need a third?

I'll just refer you to this:

Allowing the mod to increase the max health of the skin would permit low strength builds to have iron skins that are more substantial than wet paper.

Anyways, some of the new status mods are very much worth the mod slots, however they require completely reworking builds to focus on certain things.  When properly used, these new status melee mods can be a whole lot stronger than ordinary damage mods.