Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

System Crash in "Endless" missions

VeggieHam

My system keeps crashing when I play missions that have no defined end. Such as Survival and Defense, the system is very prone to crashing after the 10-15th wave.

I have tried a few of [DE]Dmitri's guides on the top but none have worked so far. Now I'm validating the files on Steam and see if it works. I heard that a Windows 8 and AMD causes absolute horrors for Warframe, and I hope that isn't true. :P

Any help on this particular subject? Thanks :)

I'm not sure, but maybe the game is just getting too intensive for your computer to handle after the multiple waves and increased amount of enemies and etc. (At least with whatever graphics settings you have)

I would suggest having Task Manager open while playing a bit of Warframe to see how much computing power Warframe is taking up while you have it running. If even at a base level (Like in the Liset menus) it's taking up a lot of RAM or CPU, then playing a mission that goes to level 15+ is probably stressing your computer too hard and is crashing. All the extra enemies and particle effects and corpses and etc. might just be crashing your game.

Other than that, I would suggest playing with multiple graphics options turned down, to see if you can last longer in an endless mission before it crashes. If everything is turned down and you're lasting to 15-20-25 waves then it's probably to do a lot with your computer not being able to handle Warframe when a lot of things are going on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2016 at 4:07 PM, Ninjamurai said:

I'm not sure, but maybe the game is just getting too intensive for your computer to handle after the multiple waves and increased amount of enemies and etc. (At least with whatever graphics settings you have)

I would suggest having Task Manager open while playing a bit of Warframe to see how much computing power Warframe is taking up while you have it running. If even at a base level (Like in the Liset menus) it's taking up a lot of RAM or CPU, then playing a mission that goes to level 15+ is probably stressing your computer too hard and is crashing. All the extra enemies and particle effects and corpses and etc. might just be crashing your game.

Other than that, I would suggest playing with multiple graphics options turned down, to see if you can last longer in an endless mission before it crashes. If everything is turned down and you're lasting to 15-20-25 waves then it's probably to do a lot with your computer not being able to handle Warframe when a lot of things are going on.

Sorry for the delay in reply, yeah I did tone down the overclocking on my pc and it's fine now, thanks for the tip!