Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[New Warframe] Dark Matter (Manipulation/stealth)

SciKnight

warframe-concept-0388e93b-sz320x512.jpg

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/71532-warframe-fan-art/#entry767634

That is the thread that posted this picture originally.

Here's the idea:

Dark matter. An elusive yet fundamental part of the universe. It operates, unseen, affecting everything around it. The Orokin, in their space rending science, found a way to manipulate it and gave its power to a Warframe.

That leaves us with a frame that could have any number of abilities ranging from some form of stealth to gravity based attacks or manipulation.

Until someone comes up with a good name for him I will call him Fluffy.

Here are some ability ideas:

(Names are tentative. Numbers and scaling are TBD.)

A. 25 cost: Dark Barrier / Gravity Sink

Fluffy creates a small cloud of dark matter particles on the ground where the player aims dense enough to slow or even completely stop enemies in their tracks with it's gravitational pull. Probably no bigger than 1m in diameter. Additionally could block projectiles that pass through the cloud or near it. Leveling could increase diameter and/or stopping power.

B. 25: Mark / Dark Mark / Decieve

Fluffy shrouds the target enemy in a cloak of dark matter particles that bends light to make it look like fluffy. Fluffy has now created a living decoy that will run around until the cloak expires or his friends shoot/claw him to death. Leveling could increase range and/or duration.

C. 50: Dark Field / Cloaking Field / Shroud

Fluffy surrounds himself in a cloud of light altering dark matter particles that render him and his alies, within a small area, invisible for a short time. Could be mobile with Fluffy or a stationary AOE. Leveling could increase range and/or duration.

D. 75 (maybe another 50 instead): Dark Net / Bog / Swamp

Fluffy covers a large area (maybe even 20m radius) with a thin, low hanging mist of dark matter particles that slow all enemies that enter it. Leveling could increase AOE and/or slowing power.

E. Ultimate (100): Nexus / Maelstrom

Fluffy creates a super dense sphere of dark matter and holds it above his head in an awesome pose. The tremendous gravitational pull causes all projectiles that pass within a 10m radius begin to orbit and speed up. Enemies are affected the same way players are currently affected by Vauban's vortex. Projectiles pass effortlessly through the bodies of those who come too close, doing the damage they were fired with (as in a player's super buffed Latron shot does it's super buffed damage, maybe). Think Nyx and her absorb now. When the ability ends, the orbiting projectiles fire off in all directions and a pulse of dark matter stuns whatever doesn't get hit. This skill deals no direct damage and serves as a combination of a variety of abilities that also do no direct damage like bullet attractor, disarm, and absorb. Leveling could increase range and/or projectile acceleration and damage.

Now imagine all those abilities with a cool, dark purplish particle effect. :D

These are merely tentative ideas I thought up in the shower. Your criticism is welcome; your suggestions appreciated.

Please discus and I will bring together the best ideas in a new thread soon.

We as humans know less about dark matter than we do anti matter. We can't even detect what dark matter is, we know it's there but their are only theories as to what it truly is. I don't even want to begin to imagine the arguing and ignorance brought on by the community if a dark matter themed warframe becomes a reality.

Edited by Pr0cessor

Sorry to say, but after the fiasco that is the design council's participation in the design of the anti-matter 'frame, there'll never be anything remotely close to a dark matter waframe, which, by all accounts, is even less understood than anti-matter.

Neat abilities, however.

the idea is cool but i have to agree with the other guys while the idea is cool the forums would literally explode with arguments about what it is or not is what it does so on and it probably would not work out i bet if you went with something that people knew what it did though you would get more positive feed back i like your idea though

the idea is cool but i have to agree with the other guys while the idea is cool the forums would literally explode with arguments about what it is or not is what it does so on and it probably would not work out i bet if you went with something that people knew what it did though you would get more positive feed back i like your idea though

Well screw the frame theme. I like my abilities and a want them on a frame! I didn't want to have plain old gravity as a theme but that would work too.

Any further thoughts? I did realize that dark matter is still a mystery but I figured that from what we do know of it (that it affects things with matter/mass) something could be put together.

• 3 months later...

some theorize that dark matter is just matter from other universes (string theory) so arent u just offering an warframe from another universa altogether? if so, cule... also look up my frame idea "wolf frame", and here are some stuff to look at.... kugel blitz, photon sphere, event horizon, decimate (break into 10 parts), solar flair, and the pillars of creation. ...just throwing some stuff out there o-o