Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning Player looking for suggestions

(PSN)ajs07011

Question

Hi all,

Returning player here, just looking for some advice. I was thinking about using Mirage with a Hall of Malevolence build. I am MR 9 so I can't use the Synoid Simulor, which seems to be the go-to, so I was looking at a few options. the Zhuge with Thunderbolt seems like it could work. same with the opticor with firestorm. I'm open to any and all suggestions, so let me know your thoughts and opinions on Mirage, if she's viable for end game, and what the best primary weapon set up should be. thanks!

6 answers to this question

Use the regular Simulor.  It works almost as well.  Quanta with the secondary fire, Tonkor and Ignis are also good.  Basically you want an area of effect weapon that doesn't require precise aim, the more spammable the better.

Build Mirage for duration with some power strength.  Her end game viability depends on what you consider end game.  She is arguably the best pure damage frame but all damage becomes inadequate when enemies scale high enough.  In level 100 sorties she is an all star.

Be prepared for some complaints that you have no skill or are stealing everyone's kills.  I've never actually had people in game object but there are a bunch of crybabies on the forums.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

Honestly with Mirage, anything works rather well. Just remember that only 2 of your clones will use a Primary or Secondary weapon, but all of them will use a melee weapon. It's for that reason that I tend to take Melee over a primary when I use her. Orthos Prime with a lot of Reach seems to work well for a ton of room clear, but most anything will work.

As to Thunderbolt, be careful with it. It can and will down you, and since you'll be firing 3 sets of arrows per shot with Hall of Mirrors, it will be that much easier to kill yourself. Also, past mid level content, the damage and usefulness of it drops off sharply. It can still be a lot of fun, but it's worth using caution with it :)

Edited by Jeahanne

27 minutes ago, Jeahanne said:

Honestly with Mirage, anything works rather well. Just remember that only 2 of your clones will use a Primary or Secondary weapon, but all of them will use a melee weapon. It's for that reason that I tend to take Melee over a primary when I use her. Orthos Prime with a lot of Reach seems to work well for a ton of room clear, but most anything will work.

As to Thunderbolt, be careful with it. It can and will down you, and since you'll be firing 3 sets of arrows per shot with Hall of Mirrors, it will be that much easier to kill yourself. Also, past mid level content, the damage and usefulness of it drops off sharply. It can still be a lot of fun, but it's worth using caution with it :)

Clones don't do self damage. Or else my Zarr would have killed me tenfold

22 minutes ago, jjadned said:

Clones don't do self damage. Or else my Zarr would have killed me tenfold

To be perfectly honest, I'd assumed that they did. I can't find confirmation anywhere that they do or don't without testing on my own.

2 hours ago, Jeahanne said:

To be perfectly honest, I'd assumed that they did. I can't find confirmation anywhere that they do or don't without testing on my own.

Ya not may weapons have self damage so I didn't know until I was standing next to a box and fired my Zarr didn't die.