Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Annoying Grineer Grapples

Spy_BlazerX

Everyone knows those weak grineer that use some kind of grapple to pull you towards them. It really gets annoying to watch yourself being pulled from 20m and in the meantime shot by a bunch of other grinners...

So my suggestion would be to implement some kind of counter-defence, meaning that if you are caught, you can quickly tap defined key to break pulling(key will flash near the bottom of the screen, and by quick tapping it, you can break the grapple). I know that being pulled does no damage, can be avoided, but hell, it's annoying!

Edited by Spy_BlazerX

Or they could let us shoot them, which personally I think would be cooler and easier. The annoying part is that you can do absolutely nothing once they've got a hook on you. No gun, no cutting the line, or anything else, no nada.

Or they could let us shoot them, which personally I think would be cooler and easier. The annoying part is that you can do absolutely nothing once they've got a hook on you. No gun, no cutting the line, or anything else, no nada.

Definitely this.

You should be able to shoot them to prevent them from pulling you further. Basically their ability has the potential to be a REALLY long stun and even pull you in the middle of enemies. It's like a short range teleport + stun.

It would be nice to be able to counter it.

I know this really doesn't help the problem addressed here, which I agree are the most annoying mob in the entire game by far! I equipped a handstand (i think that is the mod name) and can't wait for these annoying little punks now, I fall down for a second or so and spring up and while they are still in the pull stance run up and stick a gun in their mouth (and giggle) and pull the trigger until it goes click. I wish we had a certain button press to cut someone straight down the middle and let the two halves split apart and fall the the ground, because I would use that EVERY time!

Edited by ZeroPhobic

I don't like the idea of a timed button press, but I think being able to shoot while being pulled would be way better than being completely paralyzed. It only makes sense considering how you can shoot while wall running, jumping, and sliding. Perhaps an accuracy penalty could keep it from nerfing the scorpion too much.

I think if they let you shoot while on the ground would be fine (including when knocked down by other sources).

How about secondaries only (as if you where bleeding out), press jump to stand up and heres the kicker; you draw aggro, since the enemies see you as weak and helpless.

IF ONLY THERE WAS SOME SORT OF BLOCKING MECHANIC IN THIS GAME, OH WOE THIS DAY

Make that a blocking mechanic that actually works worth a damn. Seriously, only blocking directly from the front is absurdly pointless. I'd be better off shooting the jerk and actually dealing with the problem, rather than sit there and hope my Tenno actually feels like blocking, which seems to be very rarely.