Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Controller load out needs work on PS4

(PSN)Tsion

With your recent update to Warframe and the TWW update, you've all but REQUIRED people to switch to the "new controller" load out. (P.S. you didn't tell anyone either so I'm sure more people than not were annoyed at that final fight than enjoying the story) Now, this wouldn't be that terrible if it was a quick "customization" or remapping troubleshoot . . .except you've also set restrictions on where actions / new button placements can reside. So I ask "What's the point of customization if we cant change things to where the players want them?" Why give anyone the option if you NEED to use the new layout but can't remap everything? I'm a long time player and have invested a fair amount into your game so it's odd to see simple things being overlooked. It's not a weird request to want melee on R1 or L1 triggers or interactions on "O" like it USED to be. 

Examples: Melee needs to be in a "melee defined slot". This means I can no longer bind that to R or L triggers (which it used to be). Then, we have the "interaction" command no longer being able to be bound to "O" because that has/can be a melee action. These are just 2 of the restrictions I've found so far but are enough to "irk" me. 

Now I know anyone who sucked it up and switch over to the new controller layout back in The Second Dream or when they Added Power Menu mappings should be fine with this issue. I however, liked to customize these 2 particular things back to the older set up above all else. (Don't use the Power Menu and like to use the thumb stick when using melee at the same time) I don't know if DE had people QA this piece of information but it is ill received on my end. Even PC players are saying the controller support was broken when TWW launched. This is not an unknown or new thing that happens on updates. So I ask, why are you restricting the button layout on a controller (Seriously, there's no reason for it. A buttons a button) and will we be able to go back to classic mode? It's ridiculous to think we should HAVE to change controller layouts each and every time you add a story quest with new operator modes.

Edited by (PS4)Tsion