The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

TWW: PS4 (potentially Xbox One too) took a big hit in framerate due to New Volumetric Lighting

(PSN)RocketPunch1221

As much as like the new volumetric lighting, we really need a toggle to turn it off in the option just like on PC.

The performance on console is not that great to begin with but the volumetric lighting made framerate even more inconsistent on tiles with them, even when the tile is practically empty. May be one day when everyone on either s PS4 Pro or Scropio, we really need a way to turn it off for now if we want to.

Having already been playing the update on PC, I was surprised that volumetric light was even an oprion let alone turned on by default on consoles since it is some what of a big hit on my PC rig that I have everything max'd and turned on. My rig is in no way a good gaming rig, but I did get pretty consistent 60 fps, but I have to leave the new volumetric lighting off, cause simply running into the light will instant drop my FPS to sub 30, and I was thinking there is no way DE will have this turned on for consoles.

I guess I was wrong on that part, but I think I am right as to how it causes the console performance to take a nose dive.

I hope DE can add a toggle to volumetric light on consoles just like PC.

Thanks.