Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe on 21:9 monitor

JohnKable

Question

Hi guys, im planning to buy a new monitor for my desktop and im really attracted from the 21:9 rate.

I know some game have troubles on it, so you have to choose between using black bands or have it poorly scaled to fit the screen.
Being warframe my top played game on pc with over 80% of my game time i want to ask if anybody has experience with that screen rate and if its fully compatible with the game.
i really like the idea of having a better side-vision when gaming, but not to just have problems or play with black bands so any advice is welcome.
Also if you can id very appreciate if you share some infos about other games in general, like just an approximate % estimate of how many games for you work fine at that rate

Thanks in advance

1 answer to this question

I invested in a 21:9 monitor myself (Acer Predator X34 - it's amazing...!!!) and for the games that do 21:9 it is incredible and totally worth it. I'd say about 70% of games I have played support this aspect ratio natively, or get it patched in soon after launch. It's become a more in-demand feature this year for sure. 

Warframe does 21:9 beautifully. The UI scales appropriately AND let's you customize the HUD borders which is great. You typically want to ramp up the FOV on an ultra-wide monitor, and Warframe does this well too. No stretching, just solid 21:9 support.

For those games I play that don't support 21:9 natively, websites like Wide-screen Gamign Forum (WSGF) are a must - they even have a database of games with details from users about what kind of 21:9 support the game has and work arounds to get a game working in 21:9 if it's not supported natively. I also use the program Flawless Widescreen for games that don't support it natively and it's got a very easy to use GUI. TBH, the only game I've really been stuck playing with black bars is Dark Souls III so far - everything else has supported it, patched it in, or I use WSGF/Flawlesss widescreen to get it working.

I'd say don't be afraid - it's an amazing experience and worst case - you put up with some black bars in a game from time to time. But if Warframe is your main game, worry not as it handles ultra-wide beautifully. Have fun and good luck shopping!