Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Various API/worldstate Qs: Availability, "Access Modifiers", localization...ish?

Crusyx

Question

Currently I'm aware of the existence of several APIs/data sources serving various purposes, of which at least DE's are presumably public, including:

The info I've been able to find outside of this is limited (read: "that's basically the extent of it"). Regarding the above listed and any similar APIs, does anyone know:

1) Are some or all of these officially "publicly facing", according to their various authors? (W/ source if so, please.)

I.e., are we permitted to access them? worldState.php would seem to be fully open, given that deathsnacks is a thing (and assuming that's how they get their data), and I've never seen anyone kicked from chat for mentioning it. Further, given the existence of threads that never became unthreads, accessing worldState.php seems likely to be "allowed". alerts.xml seems obsolete, given the existence of worldState.php, but I prefer to be comprehensive.

The node mapping seems ... borderline. You'd only really need to have it available locally, not consult it constantly from the site, but that doesn't matter if you aren't technically allowed to access it in the first place. WF Market also seems likely to be unintentional, or at least not officially publicized. I didn't see any comments by the author, but the launch thread appears to be the only thread the posting account ever actually appeared in on Reddit. On none of the other originating sites did I see or notice any mention of these APIs/data sources, so I'm hesitant to assume that just because they are accessible, their accessibility is not mere oversight.

2) Are there others available?

Particularly official, up-to-date/live sources for node mappings and language mappings for internal strings. /Lotus strings are nice and all—I imagine they're very localization friendly—but the idea of having to manually go through and figure out what it all maps to is ... unpleasant. For things like SolNode mapping an official static dump updated on star chart rearrangements would more than suffice, but I haven't seen anything official of that nature mentioned anywhere. Just any (officially acceptable) way for anyone but me to tell me what to say! XD (I'm toying with the idea of learning how to do basic localization, so I'd prefer more than just a list of English mappings. That said, see below, so it is more just preference than "need".)

---

I have absolutely zero follow through on projects, so this is more a curiosity/exercise (in futility) for me. I'll be happy if I can just figure out how to get a human parsable list of (personally desirable) active fissures to print to a console. Bonus points if I can figure out how do it in the language of my choosing (at run-time).

Spoiler

Pre-posting edit:

Apparently there are also PS4 and Xbox One versions, as pointed out in https://forums.warframe.com/topic/460907-warframe-world-state/ , and RSS feeds, pointed out there and in a linked thread at https://forums.warframe.com/topic/187283-alert-invasion-and-outbreak-rss-feeds/

But I'm still not clear on official access policy for worldState.php, and I seem to be failing at search atm.

Note: I suppose worldstate and the node mappings aren't technically APIs, since there's no special interaction going on to specify what data you want, but I couldn't think of a more appropriate term. I also appreciate the fact that I will probably spend more time searching for such a source of information than I would just going through the star chart manually and matching alert, fissure, and invasion data to the node names as I notice ones that still remain unknown. ... I mean ... technically it would be possible to just check worldstate and compile a list of seen nodes, and then consult the Twitter feeds later to cross reference, but ... compilation! wheels! lazi...efficiency! ... -musing- I suppose consulting Twitter would result in a constantly up-to-date version of the mappings, but ... eh. idk. Too many wheels—I'd prefer to involve as few moving parts as possible.

Pre-post-post-search-indexer-update-self-deprecating-super-verbosely-qualified edit:

Apparently, according to https://forums.warframe.com/topic/720393-api-questions-for-app-idea/#comment-8038578 there exists a JS worldstate parser library, which seems like it would be highly useful, especially in avoiding making a whole bunch of poorly constructed wheels when what I assume is a fully functional tank already exists. But with the way I constructed the post, that's actually slightly off-topic, given that I'm asking about APIs and (localization) strings, and not the handling of worldstate itself. It is, however, at least tangentially relevant to the topic, so I figured I'd mention it.

Communicating with other humans (particularly in a concise manner) really isn't my forte (nor do I have one), so I apologize in advance ... er, after the fact? ... for the presentation.

Anyway, typing that was exhausting, so for the moment I'll just leave this here.

2 answers to this question

About the Warframe Market...

Warframe.market obtains no information from Warframe itself through APIs.  All order data is manually inputted by users, and when items are bought or sold to fulfill those orders, the orders must be manually marked as closed.  They don't even collect your Warframe username via API - to know which username you use, you have to manually contact their registration bot via a forum PM during the user registration process.  At no point do they have access to your account or any information about it besides what you volunteer by way of participating.

Just wanted to clear up any misconceptions.

Edited by Arkvold

I apologize if I was unclear. The list is organized according to who the API or data source itself "belongs" to, independently of copyright/trademark*, etc.—I just mean who authored it or who hosts it. So when I say "Warframe Market API", what I mean is that there is an API accessible through Warframe Market, that reveals order info also hosted by Warframe Market. Whether or not that API is supposed to be accessible, or is merely a case of, say, a house with an unlocked door and opened windows, partially obscured due to not being out front, is what I was wondering. I mean, even in the case of a house like that, you go in and it's trespassing, so...

*That said, IANAL, but since deathsnacks, etc., are basically just sites hosting re-hashed (or original) data (i.e. "facts"), I don't know whether those particular qualifiers are even relevant to that sentence. Trademarks possibly, but the intent isn't to portray themselves as the owners of those trademarks or being endorsed by said owners ... idk. Not my field (not that I have one).

To re-iterate, what am I wondering is which of those, or others, are considered "publicly facing" and thus are acceptable for access by third-parties, by their authors/publishers/hosters. In the case of localization strings or other data dumps, do officially sanctioned/published files or remotely accessible resources exist? (E.g., Eve, which has historically released certain resources for use by 3rd party devs.)