Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod shenanigans: I must have bad luck.

SpiderWaifu

I've heard all about the fancy Multishot, puncture, Power+, PowerCost down, Power Duration/ Radius+ mods...

But I've never actually gotten one. Well, I did get one puncture mod, but it was low grade.

All I ever seem to get for Warframe mods are Armor%, Shield, HP, Sprint, and Melee% mods.

Do they drop in specific areas or something, or am I just the unluckiest person alive.

I have also never gotten multishot, puncture, power cost down, or power + mods despite having already invested over 45 hours into the game. I think they are just tough to find, with armor, shield capacity, and health being the most common (in my experience).

Or we are just very unlucky :(

Pretty sure it's just a result of all those being blue mods. Since they drop less, and blue mods include all the stats from the green/white mods, you'd have a VERY low chance of generating say, a multishot mod(reduced in drop chance due to 1 in xx blue mod drop, further reduced by having more possible mod effects to choose from)

I find bosses tend to drop better mods than mooks (when they drop mods at all, which isn't always), and mod level is based off whoever/whatever you kill - higher level enemies mean higher level mods. The Puncture mod I use in my Lex dropped from Nef Anyo.

Pretty sure it's just a result of all those being blue mods. Since they drop less, and blue mods include all the stats from the green/white mods, you'd have a VERY low chance of generating say, a multishot mod(reduced in drop chance due to 1 in xx blue mod drop, further reduced by having more possible mod effects to choose from)

I never knew that they were only possible for Blue Mods. Makes sense that they're very hard to find.

Do bosses have a higher chance to drop blues?

I never knew that they were only possible for Blue Mods. Makes sense that they're very hard to find.

Do bosses have a higher chance to drop blues?

Dunno. If we want to know someone would have to track each and every mod drop, it's source, it's quality, it's magnitude, etc. Devs don't give out the drop equations in any game I've ever played.

I had a dry spell for a couple of days, but then I found a 98% rifle multishot, a 35% power efficiency/25% sprint combo, and a 100 shield/ 70% armor combo within a few hours. That's in addition to some fine blue combo mods for melee and pistols that I can't recall the specifics of. All these dropped in Hades, but it really is just a matter of luck.

Edited by Sealgaire

Why are people so stoked about puncture? The biggest advantage is the ability to get headshots on Corpus crewmen, and armor piercing does that while giving a damage boost. I've never really felt like being able to shoot through cover or enemies was worth the tradeoff.

Why are people so stoked about puncture? The biggest advantage is the ability to get headshots on Corpus crewmen, and armor piercing does that while giving a damage boost. I've never really felt like being able to shoot through cover or enemies was worth the tradeoff.

Well the +4 puncture mod I have on my hek also gives a decent damage bonus as well due to being a dual stat blue mod. The thing about armor piercing damage from my observations is the only damage that acutally pierces armor is the % bonus listed on the mod because it lists different damage types seperately by the look of it as shooting 1 time with a pistol that had various +% damage mods of seperate damage types caused multiple number listings to pop on the target from that single bullet. Puncture will allow all the original standard bullet damage to bypass the armor on things like a corpus crewman's helmet. Also I have a habit of finding lots of enemies piled on eachother from just about any faction. Probably because I enjoy checking entire maps and cause multiple squads of troops to pile up and run to my current location and when you open that door and see 10-30 enemies all bunched together running at you puncture is just delicious lol.

That was determined to be a myth, actually. Puncture doesn't bypass Corpus Crewman head armour - at least not with my Braton (3.3m Puncture, raw physical damage, no element/AP).

Puncture massively reduces the effectiveness of Shield Lancers, it can punch through the Volt Shields that Hyena puts up, it means enemies can't easily hide, and... well, I just chew through mobs of common infested.

There's nothing quite as beautiful as one-shot multi-kills with good Puncture mods and a high-powered weapon.

I had a dry spell for a couple of days, but then I found a 98% rifle multishot, a 35% power efficiency/25% sprint combo, and a 100 shield/ 70% armor combo within a few hours. That's in addition to some fine blue combo mods for melee and pistols that I can't recall the specifics of. All these dropped in Hades, but it really is just a matter of luck.

u know most of my hades farm gives me rifle blue mods that says "24.9% elec/freeze dmg" ==. i got like 50 of those now. why cant i get a multishot T.T

i feel bad right now farming mods for almost 2 days. I never get a different variation of mod. Always get health,elec/freeze dmg,reload speed,ammo cap,stun chance and crit dmg almost all of them are white. *sigh. It's really OK if i get whites as long as i get many different types like sprint,melee dmg,shield recharge,charge dmg ETC.. :(

You can aim slightly above shields and still score headshots. The shield does not protect them 100%. Same thing for their feet.

Well, you can either aim carefully with a percision weapon to kill them, or you can run face on with a puncture hek and blast them without even slowing down.

I have found Multishot, Punkture mods. And some Armor piecing mods. All for shotguns.

Also a power range+ mod.

Sounds like you are having some bad luck.

Btw i have been playing for 3 days.

EDIT: Phrasing, grammar etc.

Edited by Nucleous