Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

From The Pea-Brain Of A Thrak: Opposites Attract? Skin Like Iron Is Magnetic?

Stafer

*grunt* Hello all, I come out to bring up one point that ends up being 2 logical decisions.

One point being, DE cannot seem to make up their mind about what Iron skin should do for rhino/his team; Protection, or Crowd control. The way I see it, they keep trying to choose both with only the opposite half of either. *Huff* Let me explain simple.

What should be done:

-Protection: Damage capped invincibility, with no time limit, and DOES NOT draw enemy fire.

-Crowd control: Reliable invincibility, attracting enemy attention, limited by time.

What has happened:

-Greedy tank: Reliable invincibility, DOES NOT attract enemy attention, limited by time. (Old iron skin)

-Endgame suicide: Damage capped invincibility, attracts enemy fire, does not expire over time. (New iron sk-*dead*)

If you understand thrak, you are one patient reader. Thank you, share your thoughts too!

~RAAAUUGGHH

or you can play like warframe gives you more than just a facetank skill and do all the things everybody else does? knockdowns? dodge? dive in and out of cover? enjoy double the shields anybody else has with the option to refill them for relatively little cost? even in the middle of combat?

while still having the option to draw fire from a teammate who could use a breather?

its like you have to think about how to use skills or something.

or you can play like warframe gives you more than just a facetank skill and do all the things everybody else does? knockdowns? dodge? dive in and out of cover? enjoy double the shields anybody else has with the option to refill them for relatively little cost? even in the middle of combat?

while still having the option to draw fire from a teammate who could use a breather?

its like you have to think about how to use skills or something.

You don't sound like someone who's played a lot of rhino

or you can play like warframe gives you more than just a facetank skill and do all the things everybody else does? knockdowns? dodge? dive in and out of cover? enjoy double the shields anybody else has with the option to refill them for relatively little cost? even in the middle of combat?while still having the option to draw fire from a teammate who could use a breather?its like you have to think about how to use skills or something.

Oh yes I know of these great abilities to utilize when optimizing for success in combat, and I agree with you on all grounds you have covered, but unfortunately some things just don't work, no matter how many fragors you can smash with each hand, or how many homing kestrel boomerangs you can launch out of your fingertips, Iron skin as it stands is the only potentially useless rhino skill (that potential being in high wave defense, which is a gameplay area I enjoy). The sheer fact that you are metaphorically barking louder than bites you can handle, and by George they have the bite.

This is why I think that iron skin needs to be one, or the other. A solid purpose for a solid ability.