Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can you buy platinum without steam?

Ksisa

Question

So, I haven't played Warframe for about a year and now I've come back and I got a 75% discount on plat. But there's a problem. I don't want to say why, but basically back then there was a way to buy stuff in warframe without a credit card. Sadly, steam doesn't allow that, so is there a way to buy platinum on warframe without going through steam or has that option been completely removed?

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Gelkor said:

You don't understand, it ONLY allows me to buy through steam for some reasonwAmEUTu.jpg.

2 hours ago, -CM-DarkSyndrome said:

Are you saying that you don;t want to use a credit card? Steam alloys you to buy without a credit card if you get Steam gift cards and put them into your steam wallet.

There are no such things as "Steam gift cards" in my country. The only way to obtain them here is to buy them through the internet, and that requires, you guessed it - credit cards.

2 minutes ago, Ksisa said:

You don't understand, it ONLY allows me to buy through steam for some reasonwAmEUTu.jpg.

There are no such things as "Steam gift cards" in my country. The only way to obtain them here is to buy them through the internet, and that requires, you guessed it - credit cards.

It must be a region thing, this is how it looks on my end. =/

Adpl8Jz.png

I figured it out. You have to close steam and exit warframe, then it works just fine. Apperantly when  steam is on, it prevents from making my purchase from another source and warframe can't do anything about that.

Edited by Ksisa
Reason found
  • Like 2