Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival and Defense mission progress boost options

Pillagius

Something that I can't stand about Warframe for quite a while - how much time survival and defense missions take. To make it even worse - they start VERY SLOWLY, and first 5 waves/min are just a waste of time, though... at 10 min/wave mark it's not much better. Those are pretty much 10 minutes of excruciating boredom in game with otherwise dynamic gameplay.

So a few ideas on how to speed things up:

• The easiest one - get rid of extra "A" rotation. Make it just "A-B-C". In case if it "absolutely must be 4 rotations" whaaatever - "A-B-C-D" it is then, at least looks less weird.
  • For survival add number of extra goals. Idea of the Survival - "draw attention of the enemies away from the Teno operative", so why not also help that operative if you have energy to spare, thus making things a bit less boring and more rewarding at least time-wise, because even at Void Fissure Survival missions you often finish gathering Reactants in about 2-3 mins after rotation start, so the rest of the time you just getting bored. Basic idea: add a bunch extra goals per rotations, like "hack 3 terminals" or "destroy something", "kill certain number of enemies with headshots in given period of time" etc. 
  • Defense - well that's a bit more tricky, but... I guess having a way to simply skip 1-2 waves would've been nice, again by clearing specific set of goals per rotation.

So this is another bunch of BS I came up with - any better suggestions are welcome )